Corsair Community

K8V SE deluxe & Twinx512-3200LLPT help?

LeeM

:D: hi all, just put together AMD 64 3200 with Twin512-3200LLPT on asus k8vse deluxe and have just a couple questions. I'm using 03 bios, 2.7 V and using 2-3-2-6 ?1T timings and things are very stable. however, 1. what 512 stick should I buy to add to my 2x256 sticks to get me to 1 G? or should I just get a twin 1 G? should the stick match what I already have? 2. Can I add a DDR2 stick to this? I dont know if this board can use it. (just thinking for future use, I could break down now and get DDR2) 3. How can I tell if I using 1T? I've got a CG stepping cpu and have bios set to AUTO. thanks all, LeeM :D:

• Corsair Employee
1. What 512 stick should I buy to add to my 2x256 sticks to get me to 1 G? or should I just get a twin 1 G? Should the stick match what I already have? [COLOR=Blue][B]Answer: With this MB if you add more than 2 modules you may have to run the memory at DDR333! I would suggest you find another use for these modules and go with 1-Twinx1024-3200LL or if you want 2.0 Gig of memory Twinx2048-3200![/B][/COLOR] 2. Can I add a DDR2 stick to this? I don’t know if this board can use it. (just thinking for future use, I could break down now and get DDR2) [COLOR=Blue][B]Answer: No, sorry but DDR2 would require another MB and chipset and currently there are no AMD platform MB's supporting DDR2 only Intel I915/925 chipsets! [/B][/COLOR] 3. How can I tell if I using 1T? I've got a CG stepping cpu and have bios set to AUTO. [COLOR=Blue][B]Answer: With this MB I would suggest you set the Rass to Cass to "3" so I would set these timings and then set the Dim Voltage to +2.7 Volts: [B]CAS Latency CL=2.0[/B] Row Cycle Time tRC [B]Bios Default[/B] Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC [B]Bios Default[/B] [B]Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3 [/B] Row to Row delay [B]Bios Default[/B] [B]Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 6 [/B] [B]Row Precharge Time tRP 2[/B] Write Recovery Time [B]Bios Default[/B] Write to Read delay [B]Bios Default[/B] Read to Write Delay [B]Bios Default[/B] Refresh Period tREF [B]Bios Default[/B] Enable 2T Timing [B]Disabled[/B] Then test the system with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again![/B][/COLOR]

Archived