Corsair Community

Veangence K90 macro key problem

Hi Corsair Team,

I own a Vengeance K90 keyboard and I would like to use the macro keys (G1 -> G18) when I play League of Legends but I encounter a problem with these macro keys.

I have recorded in AZERTY mode the following shortcuts :

/joke = G1

/laugh = G2

/taunt = G3

/dance = G4

/surrender = G13

and so on...

The problem with the K90 software is the next : I'm in the game, I want to send a command to my summoner so I try to press my G1, G2, G3 all my macros keys were stored in AZERTY mode and all messages are typed in the chat window in QWERTY mode...

This is what I get :

§joke = G1

§lqugh = G2

§tqunt = G3

§dqnce = G4

§surrender = G13

I also noticed that it was impossible for me to record a new macro during the game, If I try to use the MR key and then any Gxx keys for recording a new macro it doesn't work.

I have save the profil on the K90 many times, I also try to reinstall the latest K90 driver available, but nothing works, all macro keys are automaticaly switched in QWERTY while I have an AZERTY keyboard... it's really boring for me. I have try the Hardware Playback mode but nothing changed.

Is there any advice or solution to force the K90 to stay in AZERTY mode while i'm playing a game ?

I also encounters some troubles in Starcraft 2 with the following keys :

<

>

²

These keys are not recognized by the game, i can't bind any command shortcuts on these two keys, I don't know why these keys are not available in starcraft 2 when you edit the user shortcut keys.

I hope you understand my "english" !

Software: 1.00.00.03

USB Keyboard:

VID: 0x1B1C

PID: 0x1B02

Manufacturer: Corsair

Product: Corsair Vengeance K90 Keyboard

Firmware: 1.07

Windows: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

I am having the same issue as the first poster. I play minecraft and i bought the k90 yesterday mainly for the sweet look and the macro keys. however none of the macro keys will type my commands in game. If i open word they type out as they should but not in game.

i have one that is

"/plot claim shorty2204"

nothing happens when l press G1 in game.

if you need more info let me know. i just want them to work.

the info tab in the software says:

Software: 1.00.00.03

USB Keyboard:

Firmware: 1.07

Windows: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I just downloaded K90 setup beta2.12 010612.exe and installed it but it still says version 1.00.00.03 maybe thats normal.

Still no luck

Make sure you are using software 2.12

After you create the macro go into the manage profile screen and save to K90.

Have hardware playback selected.

Mr Ramguy i'm sorry but it's hard for me to explain correctly what's going on in english, it's not my mother language.

So to resume the situation : Each time I boot my computer and each time I want to play League Of Legends, first I must open up the Corsair Vengeance Software v2.12 before launching the game and I must use the function "Save profil to K90" if I'm not doing this before use the Macro keys, the problem is the next : all macro keys who were recorded in AZERTY are displayed in QWERTY in the game... And I get this :

/joke = §joke | /laugh = §lqugh | /dance = §dqnce | /surrender = §surrender | /taunt = §tqunt |

The macros that I recorded in AZERTY are just typical chat shortcuts commands that I use in game to give order to my summoner, if I want that my summoner is saying a joke to another summoner in the game I have to type "enter" and then /joke with the keyboard so I decided to record this sequence on the macro key Gxx, it work fine, I can record in AZERTY all macros I need, but when I need them and I want to call them in the game they are printed in QWERTY, and it's really boring...

I give you another one example : I'm in League Of legends and I play a game, now I want to record a macro on the "G1" key...

So I press the "MR" button at first (macro record), and immediately a macro key, let's say G1 in my example, I just want to record on the macro G1 key a shortcut to bind the "P" key (it's just a shortcut for open up the shop in LOL game) try it and you will notice that it didn't work... The MR key is flashing in red, I have select the G key where I want to record, I have press the P key and next i press another time the MR key to stop recording, but nothing done... Whatever the keyboard mode Hardware playback or not... It simply doesn't work fine...

In LOL (League Of Legends) the "Hardware Playback mode" that you trust doesn't work, if I put the keyboard in Hardware playback mode all macro keys are "off" you can try to press any of them : no response, all macro previously recorded won't work. The keyboard I own is an AZERTY model, I have updated the firmware and the software with the latest release available here in the forum.

I have update the keyboard firmware 1.07 & I have install the latest software v2.12.

In the Blizzard Starcraft 2 game it's not the macro keys that you can't use but it's these buttons : < > ², I put the user profil in grid mode and when I want to assign a shortcut to buttons <> or ² this fail.

You can't assign a game command shortcut on these keys, I'm a left handed player, I used to play with the grid key profil mode in this game so for me the grid is :

AZER

QSDF

WXCV

and when I'm playing a Starcraft 2 game I often mistype the W button with the <> button, and I want to change these shortcuts but nothing works fine. I can't bind the W default command to the <> button.

The <> button is simply unavailable, the button ² is also unavailable, you can't assign a shortcut to this button, this is strange...

Another trouble : In Vengance Software you can assign a profile to an application, and I own two Starcraft 2 releases, the first SC2 gives me access at the European ladder and the second SC2 gives me access at the American ladder, I have create one keyboard user profil for each release but I can't assign a Starcraft 2 profil for each applications, while they are not in the same folder, I have setup both of them in separate folders otherwise it shouldn't work fine, the Vengeance software tell me it's the "same" and it's not the same application, in fact it's the same game, but it's not really the same, the setup folder is not the same... Another bug ?

what can i say more to help you ? I hope i'm not alone to get stuck with this sort of problem :D

LOL.xml.txt

Vengeance.PNG.bceb6fb0df69b3d606a59eb039270264.PNG

• Corsair Employees

What language version of the keyboard do you have?

The start up issue. Make sure you have the "Notification" box selected in the "Mange Profile" TAB.

I'm going to have our software team review this post.

Thanks mr Ram Guy for your help,

I'm french and so I have install on my computer the Windows 7 Pro 64 bit in French, I have taken care to closed the Windows 7 Language toolbar also, just to be sure that it's not a problem with microsoft Windows Seven.

The Vengeance K90 keyboard that I own is an AZERTY model (P/N : CH-9000003-FR), of course I have updated the firmware (without any problem) with the latest one that you had released, and I have also install the latest K90 software v2.12 that you have released here on the forum.

I have try to change the USB ports of the keyboard also, but nothing change, each time I boot up my computer I have to open up the Corsair Vengeance software to save the League Of Legends profil before launching the game.

If I don't do this at first all the macros that I have created previously in AZERTY mode are displayed in QWERTY in the game chat window and when I look into the "Assign Keys" tab all the macros recorded previously in AZERTY are displayed in AZERTY on my screen but they are printed in QWERTY in the windows notepad or in the game window chat.

I have the use the "Notification" box selected in the Manage Profil tab.

I don't understand why when you use the "Save To K90" function all the macros that I had recorded previously in AZERTY are automaticaly converted in QWERTY at the next boot of my computer.

K90.PNG.1269e8ce344c82bae20d0420ea47c1ef.PNG

• 1 month later...

Congratulation Corsair,

With the latest firmware & software update my problem is now resolved, if I restart my computer, all the macro sequence that I had recorded in AZERTY are correctly displayed in AZERTY.

Software: 1.00.00.26

USB Keyboard:

Firmware: 1.18

Windows: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

The keyboard software translation is a nice thing too.

Thanks for all.

:o:

Archived