Corsair Community

New Build problems - CMX8GX3M2A1600C9

Foxwater

Hi,

I've signed up to these forums to seek help with problems i'm having with my new (and first) build which i think may relate to one of my CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 sticks.

I built my pc five days ago and considering it was my first i was quite please at how well it went! however two days ago it began acting strange, error messages about drivers causing conflicts followed by random BSOD's. After searching online reguarding said BSOD's a number of people recommended using the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool which i did. It came back saying i had issues with my memory! further reading lead me to Memtest86, which i also ran. This brought up numbers of error messages and following advice i tested first one stick and then the other. The first stick produced numerous error messages but the second stick passed without incident.

My question is where do i go from here?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Peanutz94,

Thank you for your reply. Before i request an RMA on the stick/s i just wanted to check if there was nothing that i could change in settings etc that could be causing the issue? my pc is not yet overclocked and i hadn't selected XMP setting in the BIOS, would this make any difference? Also some people have suggested voltage settings as being the culprit or the Command Rate setting.

Thanks

Paul

If you haven't selected XMP then your memory was only running at 1333mhz but that shouldn't matter. You can try to enable XMP, make sure you have your voltage set to 1.65v then run memtest.

But i have a feeling that it wont make any difference in your case. If they fail at default settings(1333mhz) they wont pass at 1600mhz.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi peannutz94,

Thank you very much for your replies.

I RMA'd the sticks back to the retailer but they have emailed me saying that they cannot replicate the fault and that they want to return the sticks to me, don't know what to do now or where i stand given the above conversation?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Could be something wrong with your MB or CPU but we can always replace them directly if you like. Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the case number and I will make sure it gets approved right away then you can ask them to send the modules directly to us.

Archived