Corsair Community

Diference in speed between Sata 2 and Sata 3 with SSD ?

What is the difference in speed between sata 2 and sata 3 ports with Corsair SSD.

My SSD is : Corsair Force GT Sata 3 (120gb)

Version Model: CSSD-F120GBGT-BK

I am using Sata 3 ports, but thinking to pass on sata 2 ports because of blue screen, which occurs after installing an asus motherboard driver. (Asus P9X79)

FoLmEr is right, the sequential speeds will max-out SATA II capabilities in tests, but the other aspects will be virtually identical. At worst with SATA II, you'll lose a second or two in booting, but in most things the difference will be small.

Are you using the RSTe driver on your board? Some users report problems wit that driver. If you are in AHCI mode, you could try the msahci driver.

FoLmEr is right, the sequential speeds will max-out SATA II capabilities in tests, but the other aspects will be virtually identical. At worst with SATA II, you'll lose a second or two in booting, but in most things the difference will be small.

Are you using the RSTe driver on your board? Some users report problems wit that driver. If you are in AHCI mode, you could try the msahci driver.

No i cant install RSTe driver, i am looking for a solution on this.

After installing RSTe driver, i get a blue screen.

I am using the AHCI mode, but how can i change to msahci driver ?

You change it from Device Manager, and don't forget you are looking for the X79 chipset device, not the SSD itself. It should be under Storage controllers. Double click the X79 entry, click Driver tab, then Update driver. Choose Browse my computer for a driver, then Let me pick from a list of drivers. You should see msahci, and just follow the prompts. You can change back to the other driver with the same procedure.

You change it from Device Manager, and don't forget you are looking for the X79 chipset device, not the SSD itself. It should be under Storage controllers. Double click the X79 entry, click Driver tab, then Update driver. Choose Browse my computer for a driver, then Let me pick from a list of drivers. You should see msahci, and just follow the prompts. You can change back to the other driver with the same procedure.

There is no MsAhci as compatible, here you have a screenshot.

http://i47.tinypic.com/3463nzb.jpg

Archived