Corsair Community

2 pairs of TwinX512 3200LL not working in IC7 mobo

sean77377

I've been using a single pair of twinx512 (CMX256A-3200LL) for about a year now with no problems. I bought another pair of twinx512 (CMX256A-3200LL) and installed them; however, the system won't POST. The system comes on, fans and HDDs spin up, but no monitor signal. The version info on my first pair of modules is: XMS3205v1.2 036032 and the version info on the new pair of modules is: XMS3205v1.2 0350046 Will these different version work fine together? Is there some issue with the IC7 not liking these pairs? Thanks! -Sean

I tried just the old pair - works. I tried just the new pair - works. I tried one stick at a time for each stick - works. I tried 3 sticks at a time in different combinations, in different slots - system POSTS, but Win XP won't start. When I put in all 4, system won't even POST. Thanks in advance for your help.

I increased RAM voltage to 2.8v and all 4 sticks installed - doesn't work Flashed to latest BIOS and all 4 sticks - doesn't work So I left DIMM slots 1 & 3 empty and put sticks in slots 2 & 4. The system wouldn't POST, no monitor signal, system just produced successive, 4-second long beeps one after the other. This happened with both the new sticks and the old sticks. If I leave slots 2 & 4 empty and fill slots 1 & 3 with either new or old sticks, the system works fine. This sounds like a bad motherboard to me. What do you folks think? -Sean

Archived