Corsair Community

My AX650 buzzes

biatche

My AX650 buzzes... like an old florescent light tube.. if you can imagine. sometimes soft, sometimes 3-5 times louder than a hard disk seek.

Actually I have 2 units, they both do the exact same thing cross-tested.

Considering the fact that many users suffer the same thing, what good is RMA? Some I've seen have their units replaced several times and still, same issue. Few others may have been a little luckier. So something's up with seasonic's design that's for sure. No I do not want to turn off C1E or perform other power-related "tweaks" which will increase power usage / heat.

I want a SOLUTION. RMA costs money for both parties and I'm not going to pay more unless I'm offered a 1200W at no extra cost. The only reason i stick with seasonic is reliability, more so than anything else. But if we follow decibal levels, the noise the psu creates its certainly well over advertised.

truly exhilarating. had to get up in the middle of the night to shutdown as well as unplug the main cord.

its really difficult to trust reviews nowadays. important stuff are usually missed out.

i'm going crazy with this buzz and high freq whine.. up to the point even after turning it off for a while it continues to ring in my ears.

i hope someone who appreciates silence like i do understands what im going through.

my previous psu didn't buzz in that manner. there was a little, but it was really faint. pretty inaudible. and i get the impression that, everything a product isn't working properly it's always could be this and that and seldom is there blame on the product itself. I mean look at the number of topics here relating to that. so, how do you explain that my previous psu didnt buzz?

pure annoyance.

i still remember the ssd drama. i was literally the first to point out that the ssd/firmware has issues. before the firmware was out (months later), i and everybody had to try so many things when corsair could have just said its their drive's fault and that they are working on them. is it so hard to admit that the product has issues and that they will make a solution instead of taking us for a ride?

when i rma, and pay unnecessarily for necessary shipping, i expect a fixed product, tested and working.

I didn't say that was the only possible cause, just that it could be the cause, in otherwords one of many possible reasons. People say it could be this or that because it COULD be this or that. Too many people rush to assume this or that (not saying you) without considering all possible scenarios.

As for your previous PSU, was it the same model or a different model? Generally speaking the higher quality the PSU (hence the higher quality of internal parts), the more sensitive they are to external voltage issues. Just a possibility. If this isn't your first RMA of the same PSU, they'll cover shipping both ways.

Same thing with SSDs - people refused to troubleshoot, and when firmware came out to solve the big bugs, some people found out that the firmware wasn't their issue in the first place, it was a bad cable or their BIOS needed upgrading or something. If they had bothered to troubleshoot as was recommended, they would have solved their problem earlier. In short, the scientific method works.

It could be this and it could be that, but the sound couldn't be from anything else other than the PSU. So if the sound happens only when processor is idle, this means that, its the processors fault then? To fix that, the suggested fix is to disable power savings? Blacker earth, softer arctics?

Previous psu was a seasonic SS-HT12 or something I already forgot since it's already gone (stupidly sold it for this garbage). Same manufacturer as this AX650. No matter how sensitive higher quality psu or parts are, or no matter how possible (non-scientific) they are.. the sound is still from the PSU. How do you consider this quality at all with all the buzz and fuzz? Is there a scientific explanation and warning saying that buzz/whine will occur with certain scenarios and we're recommended not to use this PSU under such circumstances? Warning such as do not use on a low-powered system? A product sold so large scale -- till now this isn't scientifically replicate-able?

Irregardless of firmware or not, the attitude of Corsair was, it's not their fault but somebody elses and that we had to alter this and that when it was firmware issue right from start. Even with a bad cable or old bios, or even good/new ones, the issue was present. For it to happen so large-scale, you don't tell the world to change their cables and then give them a fix. You fix them first, and then change where necessary. Usually they do so without being told and bad cables is a rare thing. Happens probably only once in 100 scenarios.

Archived