Corsair Community

Colder Quick Disconnects

eva2000

Hi i was wondering if anyone could take alook at Colder list of quick connect coupling/inserts listed at [URL="http://www.vicfit.com/vfvSearchRes.asp?Recordset1_Action=Filter%28%22%28ProductFamily+LIKE+%27%25Quick+Connect+Coupling%25%27%29%22%29&Recordset1_Position=PAR:"]here[/URL] and see which would be suited for HC200 if any ? It's the only place in Australia i know that has them heh thanks

[quote name='eva2000']Hi i was wondering if anyone could take alook at Colder list of quick connect coupling/inserts listed at [URL="http://www.vicfit.com/vfvSearchRes.asp?Recordset1_Action=Filter%28%22%28ProductFamily+LIKE+%27%25Quick+Connect+Coupling%25%27%29%22%29&Recordset1_Position=PAR:"]here[/URL] and see which would be suited for HC200 if any ? It's the only place in Australia i know that has them heh thanks[/QUOTE] Eva looks to me it the PLC Series, you need the shutoff type, like this p/n#26700 3/8 id 1/2 od for the larger hose for HCX. Or use the HFC series, prettier looking no metal..... so you won't break a nail...j/k

no probs Marz, been looking high and low for these, i emailed vicfit.com for quotes on the Colder HFC35, HFC57, FL series - hopefully they don't charge an arm and a leg for them [quote name='Bio-Hazard']These are the ones I got for my system. They're sort of large, but they have great flow. HFC12,HFCD12-3/8" Flow Series.[/QUOTE] thanks so for the actual unit you used the 'bulk head panel' mount coupling bodies [url]http://www.vicfit.com/pdf/HFC.pdf[/url] and the tubes the in-line coupling inserts ? do you think it's okay for these colder inserts and coupling bodies to use metal norma hose clamps ? any chance that i'd crush the plastic ?

[quote name='eva2000']no probs Marz, been looking high and low for these, i emailed vicfit.com for quotes on the Colder HFC35, HFC57, FL series - hopefully they don't charge an arm and a leg for them thanks so for the actual unit you used the 'bulk head panel' mount coupling bodies [url]http://www.vicfit.com/pdf/HFC.pdf[/url] and the tubes the in-line coupling inserts ? do you think it's okay for these colder inserts and coupling bodies to use metal norma hose clamps ? any chance that i'd crush the plastic ?[/QUOTE] look here Eva [url]http://www.mossproducts.com.au/WateringSystems/productrange/g14-q.htm[/url] p/n#G14-Q 711 Clayton Road, Clayton South, Victoria, 3169, Australia Tel: 1 800 333 107 or 61 3 9552 9900 Fax: 61 3 9552 9933 with hose barb connections hand squeasing is enough one click pass full grip. for striaght pipe use pliers medium hand pressure 2-3 clicks

thanks KaptCrunch :) Marz, here's a reply i got from Russel McMullen at Vicfit.com (removed email addies so spam bots don't pick them up) [QUOTE]Date: 8/09/2004 15:25:12 +1000 From: Russell McMullen ******* To: ************ Subject: Colder Couplings All headers -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9 th August 2004 Dear George , Firstly the Aluminium fittings are only available in a "shut-off" version and the HFC can be with or without shutoff .. justin case I have also includer the HFC with the shutoff prices . The least expensive are the HFC35 series and they would be fine for your application . 1. HFC178-35 $ 22.85 each + gst HFCD178-35 $ 25.45 ea + gst 2. HFC228-35 $ 10.30 " " HFCD228-35 $ 18.15 " " 3. HFC178-57 $ 23.15 " " HFCD178-57 $ 27.85 " " 4. HFC228-57 $ 10.45 " " HFCD228-57 $ 19.55 " " 5. 3FLD6061-178 $ 101.80 each plus gst 6. 3FLD6061-228 $ 59.30 " " Delivery would be approximately 3 to 4 weeks from receipt of an order We accept Bankcard , Mastercard and Visa I would suggest using an Airbag for shipping and the cost for this would be $ 15.00 plus gst. Thanks Russell McMullen Victoria Fittings & Valves [/QUOTE] Looks like the auto shutoff versions of HFC35 are what I need. 1. HFCD178-35 $ 25.45 ea + gst 2. HFCD228-35 $ 18.15 ea + gst pretty expensive considering for what I plan to do - make rad, res, and pump all quick connectable = minimum 6 pairs of these @ $43.60/pair ($25.45+18.15) but well worth if I guess for me. I told Russell, other Aussie pc folks will be asking about these so maybe he'd order in more if he knew there was demand = less wait/delivery time ?

Ouch, not cheap!!! Expensive because it looks like they don't carry them in stock. Ahhh well, I'm still going to order some of the PLC Series, I want to keep the same tubing size, etc. Oh, and thanks for the info once again eva.

eva2000 & Marz, When we had looked high and low for quick-disconnect shut-offs, only the CPC brand were reliable enough for the HC. And Y-E-S they are expensive for us to purchase as well. However, ordering in 1,000 piece lots did save shipping costs. :bigeyes: The CPC shut-offs and quick-disconnects are world known and very reliable in the medical field and other important fields as well. Stev

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='stev']eva2000 & Marz, When we had looked high and low for quick-disconnect shut-offs, only the CPC brand were reliable enough for the HC. And Y-E-S they are expensive for us to purchase as well. However, ordering in 1,000 piece lots did save shipping costs. :bigeyes: The CPC shut-offs and quick-disconnects are world known and very reliable in the medical field and other important fields as well. Stev[/QUOTE] well i ordered mine 3-4 week ETA though lol

• 2 weeks later...
well my colder quick connects arrived and worth every penny... makes life alot easier... although not Hydrocool still without Hydrocool I wouldn't have the confidence to do this [url]http://www.fileshosts.com/watercooling/DIY/6002_MCP650/[/url] :)

• 2 months later...
just seen this [URL=http://www.globalspec.com/FeaturedProducts/Detail?ExhibitID=13493]free[/URL] FREE SAMPLE - Acetal Quick Disconnect Coupling The 1/4” flow APC Series couplings feature a plastic thumb latch, fewer moving parts and a smooth contoured design to deliver ease-of-use and excellent flow in a compact size. The APC Series includes straight-thru, single and double automatic shut-off valve options. Pipe thread, panel mount, in-line or elbow configurations are also available. Operating pressures range from vacuum to a maximum of 120 psi, 8.3 bar, and operating temperatures range from -40F to 180F continuous (-40C to 82C continuous). Terminations available include pipe threads, hose barbs, and Ferruleless Polytube Fitting, PTF. Seal materials consist of Buna-N, FKM, EPR and others upon request. APC couplings are available in versions which comply with listing requirements for NSF standard C-2. The APC plastic coupling features the exclusive Colder Products thumb latch for a quick, one-handed disconnection of tubing lines with an audible "click" confirming a secure connection. For your FREE SAMPLE of a Colder Products Company APC Plastic Quick Disconnect as shown – CLICK on “See Product Details” in the bricklet on the right.

KaptCrunch, This sample will really help others build a flush-n-fill kit for the HC. Place this inline with the cold-block inlet. One line then dips into an empty bucket while the other one draws from a new bucket coolant mixture. Then, when you're done, couple the fittings back together! A nice find KaptCrunch! Two thumbs up! Stev

• 2 weeks later...

Archived