Corsair Community

R120 issues....when will Corsair listen???

Hi,

so, provocative subject title considering it's my first post.

But, i did a search for "R120" and found a plethora of hits detailing people complaining about the R120. Most of the threads have very little replies. Considering this is the only support Corsair offer (the forums :roll:) then it seems like either:

a) a very poor showing on Corsairs behalf, or

b) they know they produced and marketed a turkey of a SSD and are trying to brush it under the carpet.

I'm not being deliberately antagonistic but as a system builder i've used all sorts of SSD in hi-end builds. I use Corsair PSU's and RAM religiously and think its amongst the finest quality available.

The R120's were the first SSD's of Corsairs that i've used.

I bought 3 at the same time for 3 new i5 builds. Within 4 months every one has corrupted the win 7 pro x64 so much that i've had to re-image each pc twice now. The R120's replaced the ******** (lol, cant believe you stareed out the other brands) C300 64gb in these rigs purely because we needed the extra storage. Everything was installed from scratch and an image was taken after each full windows install.

I've just had to buy an ******** to replace one of the R120's. The other 2 pc's have been decommissioned and are sitting awaiting new SSD's.

Guys, please....can someone just own up and say "ya know what, we got it wrong with the Reactor series, they suck, plain and simple, sorry!"

No point in offering RMA's cos loads of people have moaned that the same problems happen with the replacements.

I can't find any mention of firmware for the R120 either. Yet it seems that every SSD known to man has firmware updates to improve their performance/capability.

I'd greatly appreicate any input from someone regarding this please. This is the first time i've found Corsair products and subsequent support to be sadly lacking.

Please reaffirm my faith.

Many thanks.

I can't find any mention of firmware for the R120 either.
As previously stated in your other thread (link), there are no firmware updates for the Reactor SSDs.

so, provocative subject title considering it's my first post.

Considering this is the only support Corsair offer (the forums)

It's your 2nd post (see the afforementioned link), and there are many ways to contact Corsair support. If you go to the website you can contact them by the ticket system (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk) or by phone. The forum is not the primary way to communicate with their help desk.

As previously stated in your other thread (link), there are no firmware updates for the Reactor SSDs.

It's your 2nd post (see the afforementioned link), and there are many ways to contact Corsair support. If you go to the website you can contact them by the ticket system (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk) or by phone. The forum is not the primary way to communicate with their help desk.

Lol, blimey, i forgot i'd even posted here. I thought it was another forum. Thanks for the reminder.

As for support, when i clicked on the SSD on the website link it only offered forum advice. Looks like i'll have to open a ticket up then. I'll not hold my breath regarding the outcome, because all the auto ticket creation process does is offer RMA replacement, which will likely give me 3 more drives that will fail too (as others have had).

Thanks for the reply Wired, i appreciate it. :)

Hmmm...i'm in the UK and i don't imagine that being as easy as you make out, lol.

Before i go that route can you recommend the best method of wiping these R120's please?

I currently have one of them attached as an external usb. I'd like to properly wipe it, re-insert it back into the blank pc and re-install windows (or re-load an image). I may as well wipe it (the recommended way) before having to send them back, as i really don't think they'll do anything other than replace them.....and as mentioned i'm likely to have the same problems with a replacement drive.

Archived