Corsair Community

A7N8X-E Deluxe and CMX512-3200XLPRO

fatmat

Sorry if this has already been covered in another thread but I did not see anything regarding this specific combination. What are the proper memory timings and voltage to get this set up to work? And are there any other settings that I am required to change for this. My problem is that after I put my memory in, I changed my boot sequence to cd to install Windows. I saved and exited and upon reboot got no video and was not able to turn off my computer. I cleared the CMOS and it booted into set up fine, but as soon as I make any change to my BIOS setting and reboot, I get the same problem. I called ASUS support and they said that the incorrect memory timings would cause that, and I need the correct ones in order to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about that, kind of a newb with this stuff. This is my first time building and none of my components have been higher end stuff. I'm not sure what SPD is, but everything is set to auto for right now. I have read most of the problems with this board and various Corsair memory, but I have not seen anything with this specific memory, so I didn't want to go changing anything just yet. This is what is in my BIOS, if I could get the memory timings that would be great, and any other tips would be greatly appreciated. External Freq. - 200mhz Freq. Mult. Settings - Auto Freq. Multiple - 10.5 Sys. Performance - Optimal CPU Interface - Optimal Memory Freq. - Auto Resulting Freq. - Auto Memory Timings - Optimal Active Precharge Delay - 5 RAS to CAS Delay - 2 RAS Precharge Delay - 2 CAS Latency - 2T FSB Spread Spectrum - 50% AGP Spread Spectrum - Disabled CPU Vcore Setting - Auto CPU Vcore - 1.650v Graphics Aperture Size - 64mb AGP Freq. - Auto Sys. BIOS Cacheable - Disabled Video RAM Cacheable - Disabled DDR Ref. Voltage - 2.6v AGP VDDQ Voltage - 1.5v I am running a Barton 3000+ 400fsb and a Radeon 9700 Pro if that makes a difference.

Thanks! So far so good, booted up and now have video. Should everything else be ok, as far as voltage and what not? I changed System Perfromance to User Defined and changed Memory Freq. to 100%, which is what the ASUS tech told me. But I saw in many of the other posts it was also recomended that they up the voltage. Just curious, or should I leave it the way it is unless I have a further problem?

Your DDR voltage above (in first post) is set to 2.6V, have you tried it with the voltage set to 2.75 or 2.8 (the warranty covers you to 2.9v). I had problems with my XL ram when i left the voltage at the default. Once i'd set it to 2.8v and set the timings to 2-2-2-5, everything was rosey. Alan.

Archived