Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 32 GB USB 3 blinks and won't format

KrisJerran

I received a Flash Voyager 32 GB 3.0 during the holidays, it was fast and stored plenty, all was good. It died 3 weeks later (No lights, detection, nothing). I filed an RMA, and received another drive which also failed, this time it would blink the light constantly and say it needed formatted. Filed another RMA, and after three weeks had the same exact issue again as the first replacement.

On my third RMA, they sent me a Flash Voyager GT 32 GB USB 3.0.

It to is now flashing constantly and says it needs to be formatted, but cannot be formatted.

I started reading reviews on Newegg, TigerDirect, and Amazon, as well as this forum, and discovered quite a few people with this same issue.

It seems to me that the the 32 GB Flash Voyager USB 3.0 and Flash Voyager GT USB 3.0 are suffering from an issue almost identical to this one resolved in this thread Firmware Update for Flash Voyager/Survivor GTR 32/64GB which is stickied at the top of this forum.

I called customer service and explained all this and was told "go to the website and request an RMA." When I asked if Corsair would at least cover shipping (since this is the 4th time!) I was told "no, you are responsible for the cost of shipping the drive to us."

I'm not really interested in filing another RMA, I've already paid as much in shipping and packaging materials as the drive is worth. What I would like is a real fix for this issue like the one for the GTR 32/64 models. A replacement drive is useless to me, since after 4 drive failures I have absolutely no faith that anything I put on the new drive will still be there the next time I plug it in.

Since the first failure (the only one I think was a genuine hardware, not firmware, failure) I have been extremely careful to eject these drives by using the "safely remove USB drive" option, but clearly this hasn't helped in the slightest.

My last RMA: #2729607

Archived