Corsair Community

It's official. The Corsair 600T Rules

wirerogue

After putting my new system together this weekend, I was kinda meh on it. It's pretty ok, I really only have one issue with it, and that's that I don't like the drive caddies. I'd have preferred it if the connector ends faced the front of the case, so that it would make replacing a drive easier. It doesn't look as neat, but it'll be a bigger pain if I have to remove a drive.

And then I'm a little spoiled from using aluminum cases for the past several years. I'll probably end up giving it a 4/5 on newegg.

After putting my new system together this weekend, I was kinda meh on it. It's pretty ok, I really only have one issue with it, and that's that I don't like the drive caddies. I'd have preferred it if the connector ends faced the front of the case, so that it would make replacing a drive easier. It doesn't look as neat, but it'll be a bigger pain if I have to remove a drive.

And then I'm a little spoiled from using aluminum cases for the past several years. I'll probably end up giving it a 4/5 on newegg.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. When you say you want the connectors pointing toward the front of the case, does that mean you want the SATA cables pointing at the front case fan?

Either way, the case side panel is easily removed by clips, I mean how lazy can you get? You remove the side panels via the clips and unplug the SATA cables and the drives slides right out with a tool-less design. I don't quite understand how you are saying that the drives can be removed "easier" when they are pretty easy as is.

Not to mention I would rather have the connections facing the way they are, so that way hiding and managing the SATA cables is a breeze since the connectors are pretty much right there behind the motherboard tray(even more so if you move the cage near the PSU), instead of having the cables pointing out from the drives being 90 degrees and then having to route them behind the motherboard tray.

The only way I would want them to face 90 degrees to what they are now is if they were hot swap that was accessed from the front of the case, but there is a 200mm fan in the front, so this isn't an option. If you want that kind of design, you should of got an 800D.

Sorry I just don't see the logic to what you're saying. No disrespect intended.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. When you say you want the connectors pointing toward the front of the case, does that mean you want the SATA cables pointing at the front case fan?

Either way, the case side panel is easily removed by clips, I mean how lazy can you get? You remove the side panels via the clips and unplug the SATA cables and the drives slides right out with a tool-less design. I don't quite understand how you are saying that the drives can be removed "easier" when they are pretty easy as is.

Not to mention I would rather have the connections facing the way they are, so that way hiding and managing the SATA cables is a breeze since the connectors are pretty much right there behind the motherboard tray(even more so if you move the cage near the PSU), instead of having the cables pointing out from the drives being 90 degrees and then having to route them behind the motherboard tray.

The only way I would want them to face 90 degrees to what they are now is if they were hot swap that was accessed from the front of the case, but there is a 200mm fan in the front, so this isn't an option. If you want that kind of design, you should of got an 800D.

Sorry I just don't see the logic to what you're saying. No disrespect intended.

SunT is correct, same orientation in the 650D, cables towards the right solid side panel, exactly where you want them to be out of the way...

Archived