Corsair Community

CML8GX3M2A1600C9 errors

ZeroCoolll

CML8GX3M2A1600C9 2x4GB memory kit seems to pass memtest86+ 4.20 only

when one stick is in when i put both sticks in it gives me errors on the 3rd test

every time i have ran both sticks separately for 3 passes each and they both

have no errors.

• Corsair Employee
What are you setting the memory frequency to? With the CPU you have listed it will only support DDR1066 natively so if you are running them at a higher frequency it is likely above what the memory controller in your CPU can manage

• Corsair Employee
According to CPU World that is the Spec, but the information that was given to us some time ago by AMD suggested that only Phenom Cores supported DDR1333. I have not been able to verify that from AMD as they seem to not publish memory performance specs on the CPU data sheet any more. I would try and increase the memory Voltage to 1.6 Volts and increase the CPU/NB Voltage +1 Volts and if you have an ASUS MB Disable legacy USB and run http://www.memtest.org again and let me know the results. What test are you getting errors on and have you tried testing them one module at a time?

like i already said test 3 when 2 module are in within 3 mins i got other error numbers when i run it over night the one i got the most was 5 if i remember right i have gigabyte motherboard and i did test them one at a time for 3 runs each and i got no errors.

well i got the one I ran for 9 passes in the other slot on the motherboard to see if thats the problem i just got this memory for an upgrade so i can test my old ram to see if its the motherboard but i dont think so being as how i just tested my old ram less then a month ago but it could sill be the problem.

i have ran the 2nd stick 3 passes i will put it on over night.

• Corsair Employee
You can try and replace them using the link on the left but my gut feeling is that there may be some other problem. Please use the link on the left to request an RMA and we can try and replace them.

i reinstalled windows 7 when i got this new ram i was using x86 because i only had 2GB of ram

i for got to install my chipset drivers witch i remembered last night and installed it.

well i got both new ram sticks in right now and they have no errors after test 3 that's where

they always failed so i think i might have found the problem all know for sure in 2 hours

after they pass 3 times

never mind they failed test 6

yeah i new they would but i wanted to get a shipping quote before shipping it to them to see if its cheaper to send it back where i got it.

cheapest shipping to Direct Canada is $13 which i think is to much but california is not going to be cheaper.

Archived