Corsair Community

K90 Badly Lasered Keys + Ghosting

shadoom

Hey,

After using the keyboard for about 2-3 months, I noticed some issues but 2 which really annoy me...

The biggest one is Ghosting, sometimes when I chat/play a game and quickly type a word + shift and press space after it, it continues to press the "space" key on and on and on and on until i push another button on the keyboard.

This also happens with usual letters (abc etc.)"Hey, what upppppppppppppp" It's always the last key.

I tried to reproduce this by typing the same word again and again with different speeds but i never really got it to work... it just randomly happens.

I tried it on an HTPC and 2 usual powerful Desktop systems. It happens on all 3 of them but apparently only if you type fast enough.

The Second rather small problem is the HORRIBLY done etching/"lasering" of the keys

http://i.imgur.com/h8ausl.jpg

as you can see the K is way too high and all letters have a different padding/spacing to the top of the key... actually not a big deal, not as big as the first one... but for a keyboard in that price class i'd expect better

• Corsair Employees
Sorry to hear you are having some problems. The first issue is something we have identified and our currently working on a solution. The second is not normal at all. That K is way to high on the key. If you would like we can replace the keyboard for you.

Thank you for your quick response.

Sending the whole keyboard back for 2 (K and Y) little keys would be kind of "ungreen". I can live with the padding I'm just happy I'm not crazy ^^

The ghosting was the bigger issue and I'm happy to hear you guys are working on it :)

Wow I can see the thread got cleaned up... I have emailed you my specifications and what keys it happens to. However I'm still curious if its going to be a new firmware for the K90 I use or if I have to buy a new piece of hardware?

As was previously posted here (the posts were split to a new thread) and in other threads, they're working on it, but there's no public ETA.

As for the lettering, it's certainly covered under an RMA.

/sidenote: Just looked closely at my K90, and there's a couple that are off as well.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I had/have the same issue with the ones I have. Ghosting and the material on the keys wears off rapidly around the etching. I've had one keyboard replaced via RMA already and much to my major disappointment, the replacement has the same issues. :( So I went out and bough a brand new one... SAME EXACT issues. :( I love the keyboards, but man they are made poorly.

• 3 months later...
The repeat key issue is still being resolved, unfortunately. Can you also remind me what we discussed in email?

Sorry I forgot about this thread but looking down on the badly lasered Keys reminded me again.

I just briefly explained my situation in the email with a forum link and my nickname here. Sadly I never got a response though. So I'll try it here again :)

Are the newly etched/lasered Keys centered? The K on my keyboard is indeed the worst but it bugs me quite a bit that for this price no Letters are centered. Several are moved and some even rotated/crooked, the H for example. My warranty probably ran out already so I'm not sure if I can RMA it. I find it kind of economically unacceptable to send in a large and pretty heavy keyboard around the world to get some tiny buttons replaced which i could easily clip in myself.

Archived