Corsair Community

Does VS512MB400 support memory acceleration technology?

I have a MSI 865PE Neo2-P motherboard, and in the bios under Frequency/Voltage Control, Performance Mode there are settings, Normal, Fast, Turbo, and Ultra Turbo. Which one of these settings do my memory support? And is it safe to load the High Performance Bios on my board with VS512MB400?, I have two sticks of 512 set up in the double side config. Please tell me my limits? Thank you, :confused:

No memory (Corsair or any other) "officially" supports the various performance modes/turbos etc offered by MOBO makers. The system may run at those settings with your RAM or it may not. You will just have to test it yourself and see. The problem with those modes is that there is no standardized way the various MOBO makers implement them. And, it is a non-supported function of the chipset so there is no way that a RAM manufacturer can test and validate them. Each MOBO company does it differently and I have yet to have anyone, even people with a very high level of technical knowledge, explain to me how any company does it. So, just do some testing and see what happens. I would suggest that you use [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] disk. Boot with it and see what happens before you try to boot into Windows. If it won't run Memtest, it won't run Windows. Good luck, Mike.

Archived