Corsair Community

Force GT causes BSOD with AHCI?

Hey folks,

I installed my brand new Force GT 240gb this morning, installed windows, then spent the rest of the day cursing and swearing and trying to debug the constant blue screens that resulted. After updating the firmware on my ASUS P8P67 motherboard, and verifying that my Force GT didn't need updating, I was about to give up. Then, out of desperation, I switched my SATA controller from AHCI to IDE. Haven't had a blue screen since.

Anyone else experienced this? If so, have you found a way to get AHCI to work? Using IDE is kind of lame.

- Michael

Didn't catch all the bluescreen codes, but KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened quite a bit.

I did not try downloading the newest AHCI drivers from ASUS, since I'd read a lot of posts about the Marvell drivers causing even more problems with SSDs. S'pose I probably should have, though.

yes the grey ones are Intel.

ASUS Product Page

[quoteIntel® P67(B3) chipset :

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray

4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue

Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

Marvell® PCIe 9120 controller : *2

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), navy blue

JMicron® JMB362 controller : *2

1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port(s), red

1 x Power eSATA 3Gb/s port(s), green

I couldn't actually install the Intel AHCI drivers without first being in AHCI mode. Kind of annoying, but true. Seems like the new drivers have fixed the instability, but only time will tell. Funny that, since I'd read that the default Windows AHCI drivers were better than the Intel ones.

Archived