Corsair Community

Clicking noise, HELP!!

mos4567

I have had my hydercool for about 5 or 6 weeks now, it has started making a funny clicking noise. I topped off the system with distilled watter (I have only use distilled watter and what was in the bottle) but the noise keeps up. I am not sure where in the unit it is comming from, I have tiled and poked the unit for ait bubbles but none are thier. The click is higher picted it almost sounds like an SATA drive but a little lounder and a little higher. It is a very annoying sound. Please help! I am worried something is very worng with my system.

[quote name='mos4567']upon looking into it more I am now sure it is comming from the pump...[/QUOTE] for top up use 33% anti-freeze (P-G type)mix. may be to watery now with the distilled water filling the pump needs the p-g to lube it can you flip the hose connections around at rear of hcx each time before you use it, possible the WB is clogged with something with reversing flow will clear out the micro channels stopping the noise, look around forums ithinks you can use 30 psi max to blow out WB

[quote name='mos4567']I have had my hydercool for about 5 or 6 weeks now, it has started making a funny clicking noise. I topped off the system with distilled watter (I have only use distilled watter and what was in the bottle) but the noise keeps up. I am not sure where in the unit it is comming from, I have tiled and poked the unit for ait bubbles but none are thier. The click is higher picted it almost sounds like an SATA drive but a little lounder and a little higher. It is a very annoying sound. Please help! I am worried something is very worng with my system.[/QUOTE] About 1/10 pumps have a small "tick" or "click" sound until the bearings seat in ... it should go away in few hours. Some can be fixed with an extra splash of glycol, some have the noise come and go. At 6 weeks, I'd say you have a bad one that won't fix itself ... I'd suggest requesting an RMA for a replacement. Good luck. KK

Archived