Corsair Community

K90 - Faulty num-, caps- and scroll lock led indicators

SmeltNed

My K90 is working perfectly in every way apart from the led indicators for num, caps and scroll lock, they don't work at all.

I have tried updating to the latest firmware, as per the support pages, but to no effect. Any suggestions?

On a related note, would it void the warranty if I were to disassemble the keyboard trying to fix said fault?

I sugguest you don't touch the keyboard as that would void warranty.

I just bought a K90 today, and straight out of the box the LED behind the keys "P" and the right "SHIFT" buttons are not lighting up........ so much for a $150 keyboard

Not sure what to do about it yet...might just return it at the store I bought it from, don't want to send it overseas to get it fixed as that may cost a lot =(

• Corsair Employees

SmeltNed: test on another computer to confirm the problem. Also try to adjust these settings;

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled

For both if the issue remains, I would suggest contacting your re seller for an exchange. If need be we can do the RMA direct if that is not an option.

The issue has been confirmed by testing it on my two other pc's, also the selective suspend setting had no effect. So I guess the leds are broken. I don't think it's worth the hassle of doing a return or RMA though. Like I said, all other aspects are in perfect working order, and the missing indication of numlock (& etc) is at worst only a slight annoyance.

Thanks for the response though :)

Archived