Corsair Community

Are the AX1200 Cables long enogh for the 800D?

GamerGirlAlice

Sorry no one has reponded yet. I doubt the cable will be long enough for comfort. I needed to buy an extension cable for my 500R and that's a heck of a lot smaller than your 800D. This is the one I used:

http://www.amazon.com/CB-8P-8-Pin-Motherboard-Extension-Premium/dp/B0036ORCJY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1335541099&sr=8-6

Let me clarify - the cable was long enough but I felt it was too tight and wanted the additional slack. Also my board is an X79 board and the CPU power cable attaches at the top center of the board, farther away from the case's opening for routing the cable.

The 800D case comes with an extension cable for both the 24 Pin and 8-Pin CPU power cables so it should be no problem in that case.

I hate to correct a Guru (don't hurt me! :eek: ), but the 800D I bought just a couple of weeks ago or so came with the 8-pin extension, but no sign of an extension for the 24-pin power cable.

The 800D pdf instruction manual itself only shows the 8-pin extension (although I don't know if the pdf itself is much older than the 800D I bought), but my recently bought case most definitely does not have a 24-pin extension.

With that all said, I doubt very much if anyone would need an extension for the 24-pin power cable anyway. Mine was plenty long and allowed me different options on how I wanted to route it.

On the other hand, the original 8-pin cable that came with my AX-850 was also long enough to route to the board, but it resulted in a little more stress on the board than I wanted. Just one more inch in length would have been very nice, so I did end up using the extension that came with the 800D for the 8-pin cable.

• Corsair Employees
Well it should be in what is included in the accessory box for the 800D Case, if your Case was missing that item then please submit a case in Tech support express and explain what you need and they will send it to you provided you gave your address and phone number.

Archived