Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo2 & TWINX1024-3200XLPRO

Wiley Coyote

Hey ram guy, I am in the process of building a top of the line (near 3grand just in hardware) system for a customer who will mainly use it to run extremely complex statistical simulations. Some of them currently take 4-5 days on his old *ugh* celeron. Processing of some very large files will also be in the cards. Anyway, my goal is to build the baddest single processor machine that I can for him and Im thinking of outfitting it with the following for a core: AMD FX-53 939 version MSI K8N Neo2 for socket 939 2 TWINX1024-3200XLPRO's for 2GB total. My questions are 1) Will 4 512 sticks of 3200XLPRO even work in this system? 2) If they do, will they only run at DDR333? I dont know how the memcontroller on the 939's will handle this. 3) Would the system run better with just 2 sticks of 512 in a 1,3 slot config? 4) What about 2 sticks of 1024? 5) Lastly, is there a differnet model of memory that I should be looking at? thanks a bunch for your time! P.S. I know this board is extremely new (just hit shelves this week) and so I understand if you guys havent tested it yet.

• Corsair Employee
With more than 2 modules the system will set the memory to run at DDR333! I would suggest just one set of modules or if you need 2 gig of memory I would suggest Twinx2048-3200! More memory running at DDR400 would have more advantage even at Cass 3 than DDR333 with tighter memory timings if your running a high memory usage application!

Archived