Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2X1600C7R Modules not listed on products page

WayneC0rsair

I'm getting ready to upgrade my system from 4GB (XMS3) to 8GB CMZ8GX3M2*1600C7R. However, I cannot find this part number (CMZ8GX3M2X1600C7R) on the Corsair product pages. I tried search and even looked through almost every 1600 memory module. The closest thing I can find is CMZ8GX3M2A1600C7R.

Newegg no longer sells the "A" revision and only has the "X" revision. I'm assuming this is newer.

Is it worth the extra 7 bucks or so to have 7-8-8-24 over 8-8-8-24? (comparing CMZ8GX3M2X1600C7R vs CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R)

I'll be installing this in my Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 (rev 2.1)

Wow, that answer was completely not even what I was asking about. But I'll let it slide this time since I think you replied to the wrong thread somehow.

To clarify things, I'm upgrading my existing 4GB to 8GB using the part number that I listed. NOT 16GB.

If it's really going to be that difficult for Corsair to answer this question, I can always buy memory from a competitor.

• Corsair Employee
I took it that had 8 gig of that memory and you wanted to add more to what you had installed. But wired posted is correct. And all of the Cas 7 parts are no longer in production is why you can find them.

Oddly enough, this memory I bought years ago is still being sold, lol.

http://www.corsair.com/cmx4gx3m2a1600c8.html

Even though this "X" revision is "no longer produced", there should still be a data sheet available for it because there IS a page for the "A" revision.

http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-8gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz8gx3m2a1600c7r.html

I called Corsair today and didn't get anywhere.

And this is a bit confusing to me (this is my current memory specs)

SPD Speed: 1333

SPD Latency: 7-7-7-20

Tested Speed: 1600

Tested Latency: 8-8-8-24

I've never been able to get this memory to run at 1600, but I'll take the 7-7-7-20/1333 rating any day for the other.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but we no longer provide data sheets but if you click on Tech specs from the Product page all of the information is listed that is available.

This is from a resellers site that still has them:

CORSAIR high performance Vengeance memory module 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 7-8-8-24, 1.5V for motherboards using AMD, Intel dual channel processors and 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor platforms. Vengeance memory modules provide users with outstanding memory performance and stability. Each module is built using carefully selected DRAM to allow excellent overclocking performance, and has a limited lifetime warranty.

Product Specifications Compare with other products

Product Name 8GB Kit 2X4GB 1600MHZ DDR3 CL7 Vengeance Red F/ Intel Quad Channel

Product Type RAM Module

Memory Standard DDR3-1600/PC3-12800

Memory Technology DDR3 SDRAM

Memory Size 8 GB

Form Factor DIMM

Memory Speed 1600 MHz

Product Line Vengeance

Error Checking Non-ECC

Number of Modules 2 x 4 GB

Number of Pins 240-pin