Corsair Community

K90 - not recognizing all key strokes :(

Logun

Hello;

While I love this keyboard I have been noticing as of late that not all of the keys are recognizing keystrokes.

I just finished playing an SC2 match and right from the start the game did not recognize my initial key press and as well there was one other obvious instance during the game.

I began to notice this about a week ago but wrote it off that "hmmm maybe I didn't fully press the key or maybe the game was not completely loaded and I jumped the gun"

But today's incident shows me the frequency of this happening is increasing.

The kicker is that thus far I have only ever noted this happening during an SC2 game. So I'm not quite sure what to do about this quite yet?

(I play Terran so my first keystroke is always "s" and as well today I noticed at one point "c" did not register for 2 or 3 presses)

Thoughts?

Been having this happen in a couple of my fast paced FPS games as well most notably Urban Terror which is a fast paced "realism" fps mod to quake 3.

The K90's being hindered unfortunately by its developer Corsair who is failing to provide their customers who purchased the K90 (or even the mice series) with a properly working firmware AND driver when it was released. And to this day, they STILL have not provided any updates or anything on when we will have a working firmware and driver that doesn't have these issues.

The "stuck" or repeating key issue where a letter or random key on your keyboard will act as though it's being held down but nothing is pressing it has become quite an annoyance too aside from the keyboard randomly not recognizing keystrokes in games.

My Logitech G15 works without any of these problems and actually helps me perform better in games due to not having these bugs and most all being able to properly record macro's to the keyboard and have them work in game.

Did you actually test this product before you released it Corsair?

I think myself and many others have already answered that question already on these forums, never mind.

• Corsair Employees
Sorry to hear you are having issues. We have seen very few reports of users having issues with key presses missing. I myself have played countless hours of BF3 and never had this issue. It sounds like your device may defective and a replacement will fix it. The repeating key issue is something we have been able to replicate and are working on a firmware/software update to address it.

Any word on how much longer until the new firmware/software is ready? Even just a approximate ETA? :)

Just been waiting for almost 6 months now on software that will properly configure and work on the K90.

Any update or something would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. We have seen very few reports of users having issues with key presses missing. I myself have played countless hours of BF3 and never had this issue. It sounds like your device may defective and a replacement will fix it. The repeating key issue is something we have been able to replicate and are working on a firmware/software update to address it.

hmmm I've only encountered the repeating key issue once. When I first read this I thought it was the dropped Key presses you were able to reproduce (and was excited since I see being able to replicate this issue as a major hurdle)

Oh well keep me posted please :) Early adopters sometimes have to blaze the trail :)

• 3 months later...
having same issue with key strokes not being registered always with w and s key in bf3 very dissapointing was going to purchase razer balck widow but decided to give this keyboard a go love the asthetics of the board but let down by driver and software issue

this forum and other fora all over the internet are reporting the same issues.

When is this going to be fixed? You promised the sticky key 'bug' was going to be fixed at the end of june. But that 'update' did nothing.

I'm experiencing the same problems as Sticky keys, keys not responding while pressed in game etc.

I have a lot of corsair hardware but recently I have gone through 3 RMAs in a short period of time: AX850 PSU, 120GB Force SSD, 700D Case issues.

I'm beginning to lose faith in Corsair as a company.

I should have bought the razer keyboard or the G15 logitech. this is unacceptable.

Corsair you have lost a customer. While the beta firmware and software worked to a point (could not press another key when pressing a macro key), the update recently released has turned my K90 to a useless expensive keyboard

Now i get the dreaded stuck key syndrome. Hit a key and for 3-6 seconds after other keys pressed do NOTHING. Obviously this is a feature because it is such a major flaw it could not have been overlooked in testing.

I have gone back to my 7year old Logitech G15v1. Why? Because it works and has worked since day one (ok the LCD doesn't work anymore).

Corsair, i had such hopes for this product, but it was a huge waste of money. And no, an rma to replace it will not change that this product is one big failure. Go back to what you know.

Just an update from the totally worthless Corsair RMA group. They have issued an RMA for this issue claiming they have never seen this before, yeah right. Then they have the ballz to have ME pay for shipping to Corsair. Well this has been a $129 waste of money. I am not going to pay shipping for a defective product. I'd rather it sit unsued in my closet than pay a company who will not pay for return shippiing of a defective product.

GG Corsair, you may win in your Corporate balance sheet, but lose in Customer Service. NEVER again with Corsair.

• Corsair Employees
Did you contact our customer service? If shipping is a problem, we can assist you with it. Our RMA policy is that the customer pays for shipping to us, and we pay for shipping back to you (which is similar to many companies out there), however, our customer service is always there to assist with exceptions to this policy and if you call them, they would be able to assist you with this as well.

• 2 months later...

I have this issue as well.. it's doesn't happen too frequently (as in I can't make it happen when I want to test it) but it certainly effects my gaming experience, as it usually happens at an inopportune time.

Do I need to RMA my keyboard, or is there going to be a firmware update to fix this?

Corsair,

Should we expect anymore fixes for this keyboard which has broken firmware? I've already stuck with this keyboard for about a year now hoping for a fix since I spent almost 140 dollars on it when it first came out and haven't gotten to enjoy using while gaming without having a keystroke get "stuck" or not respond.. etc.

If there isn't going to be any update in the future to address these issues then would Corsair customer service be willing for me to return it to them and be refunded? Or would it just be a waste of time trying?

• Corsair Employees
If either of you have a keys that don't work when you press on them, then please submit a RMA to replace your keyboard. While we are aware of the repeat/stuck key issue, the issue with a key not working is completely different and unrelated issue and we will replace the keyboard for you to resolve it.

I know you guys have been aware of the stuck/repeating key issue for a while now since it was released I assume. And I'm saying I am tired of waiting since it has been about a year now with no fix for the issue. I want to know if it is possible to get Corsair's customer service to allow me to return the keyboard for a refund rather than continue waiting for a fix? I cannot use this keyboard for competitive gaming with the current major bug it still has and am beyond tired of waiting any longer for a firmware update to fix the problem.

• Corsair Employees
I know you guys have been aware of the stuck/repeating key issue for a while now since it was released I assume. And I'm saying I am tired of waiting since it has been about a year now with no fix for the issue. I want to know if it is possible to get Corsair's customer service to allow me to return the keyboard for a refund rather than continue waiting for a fix? I cannot use this keyboard for competitive gaming with the current major bug it still has and am beyond tired of waiting any longer for a firmware update to fix the problem.

I'm sorry for the frustration. I can't process refunds but you can always contact our customer service to inquire about it.

Archived