Corsair Community

which cooler to buy

vinzrox

hey guys m building my new PC and will be getting new i7-3770k ivy bridge processor as soon as its available. i want to ask which cpu cooler will be suitable for it. also i am from Jaipur,India soo its hard to get corsair stuff like H100 at local shops so if any good online retailers you can suggest. what would be the price of H80 and H100 coolers?

My motherboard which i have already brought is gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI , and 8Gb of Ram DDR 3-1600.

hoping to get a positive reply :laughing:

Wasn't there a thread about this specific MoBo and the possibility of mounting an H80/100 the other day?? Can't remember which one it was!!!!

The poster was concerned that the H80's or H100's block may have issues with mounting due to a couple of capacitors being VERY close to, or nearly in the "keep out zone". Additionally, even IF the capacitors were "outside of said zone", they may still be too high to properly accommodate an H80/100's block.

A Corsair rep also replied, but was unable to comment on whether they could guarantee it would definitely fit!!! Obviously Corsair are yet to report any guarantee that compatibility isn't going to be an issue on these new gen boards!!

Might pay to do more homework. Try contacting Gigabyte directly would be my course of action personally!!

@babdi yes primeabgb is an option bt for 7k i feel h100 is too high priced also it excludes shipping and only take direct bank transfer will H60 be a good option as i have heard ivy i7-3770k run hotter then sandy bridges.

@Arctic_Wolf thanks for the info , i guess it will fit on the mobo as i have seen a few youtube video with same mobo as i have..what i wana know is which model will be good at low price point as i have already maxed out my budget for my new pc. will h60 be enough to keep i7-3770k coll enough. i dont have any intention to over clock the processor for now and maybe after a few month i will do mild over clock

thanks for your quick replies guys :laughing:

Archived