Corsair Community

Question about Corsair Graphite 600T

Duskfall

Hello, i recently bought the Corsair Graphite 600T and I have a question about the integrated case controller.

I never know at which speed I should run the fan cases.

Could you please tell me if it cools enough on the minimum setting when I am doing Office, Internet, Youtube and listening to music?

And how should I set up the case controller when I'm playing a recent game or doing something, which requires performance? Would it cool enough if I set the controller on medium?

I don't want my system to be overheated but on the same time i want a quiet system ;)

Thanks in advance

Personally I use OpenHardwareMonitor or CPUID Monitor to monitor various temps.

An app such as this will help determine where to set your fans at any given time.

Generally, if just surfing, listening to music, etc, dependant on your individual system, having the fans on minimum will do the job. If heavy gaming however, you'll need to increase the speeds accordingly.

There's not going to be an outright definitive answer, too many variables. You'll soon learn what you need and when.

Personally I use OpenHardwareMonitor or CPUID Monitor to monitor various temps.

An app such as this will help determine where to set your fans at any given time.

Generally, if just surfing, listening to music, etc, dependant on your individual system, having the fans on minimum will do the job. If heavy gaming however, you'll need to increase the speeds accordingly.

There's not going to be an outright definitive answer, too many variables. You'll soon learn what you need and when.

I just played Battlefield 3 and while playing I jumped to the Desktop to monitor the temperature with Asrock Xtreme Tuner. Mainboard temperature was 57-59° and CPU temperature was 59-61°. I played with the case controller set on minimum.

Are the temps okay or should I increase the fan speed?

MoBo temp is high. Also alt-tabbing out of a game to check the temps isn't reliable, because the temperatures can change drastically in a split-second.

I prefer to use software dynamic (automatic) fan control using motherboard fan headers and soft like SpeedFan, much better than a manual fan controller. And I have a 600T also BTW.

Indeed, way to high. Increase your fan speeds m8.

You can play BF3 in "Windowed Mode" if you wish to save "Alt-Tab'ing" out, and just bring the monitoring software to the front briefly whilst you test.

I have tri-monitors, so always have what I need displayed!!!

If you are BF3'ing, dial it to minimum of 3/4's (an approximation, as no 2 controllers seem precisely the same), preferably dial it to max if you can put up with the noise :).

I have one monitor, but I use MSI AfterBurner with its On Screen Display, this gives me GPU statistics of all flavors, then I can launch HWiNFO64 which can inject all kinds of statistics about CPU, MoBo etc. into MSI AB's OSD, so I have everything in one place, I can turn it on or off with one button and all that :)

I personally have the dial set to max at all times. It's not that loud, for me at least. I mostly have Sennheiser headphones on, so during those times I definitely can't hear my system, unless my GPU fan ramps up into high gear, which doesn't happen often.

And yes, those MoBo temps are indeed pretty high. On my system they are anywhere from 32-35C which is pretty average. Anything above 40C is warm and 45C is hot. Most people say if your MoBo temps get above 40C, then you need better case cooling.

What's your cable management like? Do you have cables in the way blocking airflow? A good cable management job goes a LONG way.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee413/JKDMind/0419121803.jpg

One thing you could also do(if you haven't yet), is move the hard drive cages away from the front fan, or at least one of the hard drive cages, if you're not using them. I only use one, which can hold 3 drives, which to me is plenty to be quite frank. Removing unnecessary chucks of metal(hard drive cages) away from the fan will always provide better temperatures. I personally have my single hard drive cage near my power supply. This frees up the fan quite a bit.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee413/JKDMind/0411122125.jpg

I have also removed the plastic hard drive cage stand/pedestal to free up even more room. The screws holding the plastic hard drive stand in place is at the underside of the case, which unless you have an "L" shaped phillips head, you will need to loosen the front bezel forward slightly, or completely remove the bezel via the plastic clips that hold the bezel in place that are inside the case itself opposite of the front bezel on each side, in order to get to the last two remaining screws out of four that hold the plastic hard drive stand in place.

Your CPU temps are pretty warm for just gaming, but they aren't in the danger zone. In my system if I play Skyrim, my CPU temps are at 55C max. As long as your not hitting above 70-75C your golden(assuming if your using a sandy bridge CPU), which the processor can actually handle higher temps than that, but that is pretty uncomfortable, even for me and I am sure for a lot of other people as well. Usually 65-70C is the kind of temps that Prime95 should be giving you to give you some idea.

One thing that I do personally, when I want to know what kind of temperatures different programs are giving me, and what kind of voltage spikes I am getting, is to use CPUID HWMonitor. What you should do is run CPUID HWMonitor before you play a game, or run any kind of application that you want to monitor, especially when ALT+Tabbing is necessary. So run CPUID HWMonitor first, and let it run in the background while you are playing your games and what have you. When you ALT+TAB to view your temps, CPUID HWMonitor will record your minimum/maximum temperatures and voltages while you were away playing your game.

This will give you some information about your temps, as long as it records while you are actually playing. Because if you are trying to quickly ALT+TAB to look at temperatures real quick, with a tool that doesn't record min/max of anything, then the voltages and temps have dropped before you can see, because the CPU has let go of it's processes involving your game, by switching to the main focus, which is your Windows Desktop.

I have one monitor, but I use MSI AfterBurner with its On Screen Display, this gives me GPU statistics of all flavors, then I can launch HWiNFO64 which can inject all kinds of statistics about CPU, MoBo etc. into MSI AB's OSD, so I have everything in one place, I can turn it on or off with one button and all that :)

Oh wow, never used HWiNFO64. That is an amazing program. Thanks for posting it! It will be a nice addition to the rest of my programs. :)

Now I can finally know what my GPU memory temps are like. Yay!!!

Dude, you don't even have to use MSI AB OSD. HWiNFO64 displays temperatures for ALL hardware and has it's own OSD. Even the memory! I can find out what my memory temps are like, as well as GPU memory temps. Before this was an unknown and was just a "guess it's safe" kinda thing. Now I know for sure what temps my memory dimms are, as well as the GPU memory, which these two pieces of hardware are always left in the dark as far as temperatures go.

Mad at myself for not discovering this program sooner. +1 to you wlw.

There's no way of knowing each end every application in the world ;)

I use MSI AB because it auto-adjusts my GPU fan using a self-defined curve. I used Sapphire Trixx for that and OC before, but had problems with PunkBuster in BFBC2 and had to switch. MSI AB also shows me GPU usage and GPU MEM usage in games, the latter is especially useful when tweaking BF3.

Oh I use MSI AB fan user profile as well. That way the fan adjust to the GPU temp that I feel comfortable with.

I was only referring to MSI AB OSD, not MSI AB itself, for it's an extremely useful tool for many different things. I just meant that you can just use HWiNFO64 for viewing temps etc in real time for all hardware, instead of just mixing HWiNFO64 and MSI AB OSD's.

I take it you play in windowed mode to view the OSD's? Or is there a way to view while in fullscreen as well?

It works in both windowed and full screen applications perfectly and there's plenty of options in the RTSS OSD server to choose from, such as rendering method and suppressing the OSD from showing on screen shots or videos you take.

This is pretty off-topic... But:

Start the MSI AB first, along with the RTSS OSD server. Then start the HWiNFO64. This sequence is important, if you start HWiNFO64 first, it won't show in the OSD.

In HWiNFO64's Sensor status window, go to Configure, select what you want, for example "Core #0 Thread #0 Usage". On the bottom right you will have a section labeled Riva Tuner OSD. Tick Show and choose Line 1.

Do the same for the rest of the cores and/or threads choosing Line 1 for all of them. When you're done, return to Core #0 Thread #0 Usage, change its Current Name to "CORES " for example. In the Riva Tuner OSD section, tick Label.

Now you can choose Close and minimize HWiNFO64.

This will result in one line in the OSD that will look like:

CORES : 52% 51% 42% 30%

for single threaded quad core CPU. This line will be appended after what you have chosen in MSI AB to be displayed in the OSD. You might want to adjust the number of trailing spaces after in the "CORES " label to make it look nicer in the OSD.

You can put different stuff in different lines, for example I use one line to show how and if the multiple cores are being used like I showed you above, then another that shows overall CPU usage in % and it's temperature.

It's also a good idea to disable the sensor that you won't use, so that HWiNFO won't poll them. I also have the polling rate set to 1000ms.

Archived