Corsair Community

TWINX1024-4000PRO & A K8T Neo Board

Oxygenx

Dear Everyone, Currently I'm experiencing RAM errors with my TWINX1024-4000PRO memory and my MSI K8T Neo (MS-6702). This board uses the Via K8T800 chipset. I have messed with the timing of the RAM in multiple ways (both stock 3-4-4-8 and many others). I have also messed with the voltage all the way up to 2.85 (the boards max) and switched between agressive mode and standard. The CPU in the board is an Athlon 64 3200+. The bus is currently at 200MHz (which is standard). My question is: 1.)Does any one know any settings that could make this combination stable and if so what are they? Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you do not have any of the performance options set in the bios, by loading setup defaults and set the tfollowing settings in the bios and then test the memory with [url]www.memtest.org:[/url] Dim Voltage: 2.7 Volts DRAM Freq: 2-1 [B]CAS Latency CL=3.0[/B] Row Cycle Time tRC [B]Bios Default[/B] Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default [B]Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3 [/B] Row to Row delay [B]Bios Default[/B] [B]Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 8 [/B] [B]Row Precharge Time tRP 3[/B] Write Recovery Time [B]Bios Default[/B] Write to Read delay [B]Bios Default[/B] Read to Write Delay [B]Bios Default[/B] Refresh Period tREF [B]Bios Default[/B] Enable 2T Timing [B]Disabled[/B] Then test the system with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

Archived