Corsair Community

Overclocking 3200XLPRO in A8V deluxe

I have the latest BIOS 1.006 and the A8V deluxe mobo/FX-53 939-pin. Right now my config for my TwinX1024-3200XLRPO is at 2-2-2-5-1. How do I make this RAM go higher in mhz? I heard I can get up to 430 mhz and keep 2-2-2-5-1 stable! Anyone with my particular setup has overclocked their XLs yet? I just don't know how. I heard you have to do something with the FSB, multiplyer and cpu voltage. Im not quite sure how to do any of these in correlation with eachother so I need some help :D Thanks

dropped the multiplyer by .5 (12 stock) and incrased FSB still I got to 215 mhz (200 stock) stable. My RAM is at 430 mhz 2-2-2-5-1 timing :o CPU is at 2.474 ghz (2.4 stock FX-53) because of the rise in FSB. does this look good anyone? or should I drop the multiplyer again by .5?

If you want to continue to get a higher FSB, you will likely need to loosen the timings on the RAM a bit. I'd suggest that you set the RAM timings manually to 2.5,3,3,7 and then try to find your MAX FSB. Once you do that and get it stable, then you can slowly try to lower the RAM timings and see how low you can get them at the FSB you want to run. I'd suggest that before you boot into Windows each time, you run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] . If it won't run that for atleast 1 pass with no errors, it won't be stable in Windows. Good luck, Mike .

Archived