Corsair Community

Yeah cool button but where's auto mode?

Nuke987

Hi guys

I don't get the point of corsair fan controller on H100. I explain. I don't care of the button low-med-high profile. Opening the case just to click it and feel the power of cooling is not for me. I'm not that kind of fetish. I want the H100 to work automatically without worrying about my finger clicking on its button. Is it possible? I can't find any info about an "auto mode".

Thank you :roll:

Actually, all three settings on the controller are auto mode, with the only difference between the three being the highest fan speed allowed in that setting.

The controller will increase or decrease fan speed in every range, in relation to coolant temperature.

Ouch!

That's why I'm not even going to plug my fans into the controller, I'm going to use the motherboard to adjust the fans. I don't plan on cracking up the case every time I want to make an adjustment.

Agree. What if i use my own fan controller? Yes, i know the story "With other fan temperatures could be higher!". Let's suppose that i don't care of loosing 2, 3 or even 5°C. I care of my ears. So is it possible to use an external fan controller?

I've heard of people plugging their H100 fans into an aftermarket fan controller, such as the Lamptron FC5v2. You can easily increase fan speeds when you need extra cooling and then turn them down for quiet mode, when you don't.

edit; I'm going to hook my H80 fans to the onboard Corsair 3 speed fan controller. If I need more speed control, I'll go aftermarket.

That's why I'm not even going to plug my fans into the controller, I'm going to use the motherboard to adjust the fans. I don't plan on cracking up the case every time I want to make an adjustment.

I used a pwm fan controller wired out the bottom of the 650D to adjust the H100 fan speeds L/M/H (the area between the blue light and the cable is a large click button) and manual mode. Pwm mobo header to the controller, then a Noctua splitter up to the fans, it works really well without disturbing the optical bays with a full size controller, controls 3 Noctua fans (H100 and rear exhaust) from 1500rpm down to 300rpm very quiet.

It comes with Velcro to stick to the back of the chassis or side of your desk whatever, only $15.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/MeanBruce/IMG_0674.jpg

Archived