Corsair Community

RAM gone?

stevoh74

I have using the XMS DDR2 (CM2X2048-6400C5C) for two years now. I have two sticks that seem to be problematic. I have 4 slots with 4 of the above mentioned RAM. When I remove the 2 sticks the system starts fine. I have tried the 2 sticks individually and in different slots. When the problem sticks are in, the system starts but does not load or beep. The CPU fan just idles along. I haven't run memtest because the system does not load up. Any ideas? I requested a RMA, as I have done what I could do with limited test procedures.

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest we get both sets replaced and the part number would be TWIN2X4096-6400C5C and you can contact our customer service once you have the RMA conformation and request an advanced RMA with your credit card so you don't have any down time.

What was the case number and I will see it get approved right away?

in case you are unaware, mixing more than 1 set of ram even the same part# is not supported. if you rma 2 sticks and add the replacements to your other ram it still may not work and there is no real fix. a single 8 gig kit is suggested for best results and support if it wont boot.

see the 2 links below.

Archived