Corsair Community

DFI Lanparty UltraII B_PC3500_total instability

Cowflab

I recently bought a new DFI lanparty UltraII B motherboard, and i have had no luck with stability. Thought it was my drivers, the bios, my hard drives, my PSU, and now im quite certain its my memory causing me this headache. Games lock up, blue screen of death, the works. I need to know how best to set up my memory, agp, & voltages with this board. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the memory Frequency set to 100% and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well! If you try to run the memory at DDR400 and the CPU at 333 MHz it will cause a bottleneck in the chipset and may generate errors that are not the fault of the memory! You can test the system with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to make sure

Thanks for the help guys, i ran memtest and to my surprise ive got a bad stick of memory . I ran the test with both sticks in, made it to 618% coverage and got an error, removed one stick, 30 secs after starting the test again i got several errors, removed that stick, tested the other all night @ 30,018% coverage and no errors. My question to you now is, i dont remember when i bought that stick of ram, and i have no receipt, can i still return it? Thanks again.

• Corsair Employee
Please follow the link in jy signature, “I think I have a bad part!” and you can ask our customer service! Also I would suggest that you read our [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/warranty.html]Warranty Policy[/URL] as well!

Archived