Corsair Community

H100 not cooling CPU and causing random shut downs

itzjonjon69

Just got the new 600T with the H100, swapped everything over to the 600T and when i went to press the power on button the computer would turn on and turn off within 5-10 seconds. However after checking some cables and wires the computer turned on and stayed on for about 30 seconds before turning off. At first i thought the pump was DOA, however after turning the fans on the radiator all the way down i could hear the pump making noise (not sure if it's working though). I then let the computer cool for about 10 mins and this time went straight into the BIOS and to my astonishment the CPU temps were rising rapidly and finally when it go the 67 degrees Celsius the computer shut down. Please help i thought i mounted it wrong, but everything makes contact and i looked over the instructions over again and i followed everything correctly! :(:

Have you connected the 3 pin header to CPU.If yes then what speed does your CPU fan read in BIOS. If it reads zero or small number then you have a problem with the pump.

The pump RPM should read between 2200 to 2300.

Finally do you see the lights on top of the pump. If no then check if you connected the molex from the pump firmly.

If these fail then you have a defective H-100. Use the link on the left to RMA

Have you connected the 3 pin header to CPU.If yes then what speed does your CPU fan read in BIOS. If it reads zero or small number then you have a problem with the pump.

The pump RPM should read between 2200 to 2300.

Finally do you see the lights on top of the pump. If no then check if you connected the molex from the pump firmly.

If these fail then you have a defective H-100. Use the link on the left to RMA

I'm confused because mobo CPU fan is 4 pin? All the lights work perfectly fine on the CPU block

That's what i was thinking also. I followed the instructions, but i have no idea what i did wrong. Are there anymore in depth guides? I found the instructions kind of vague :confused:

It appears that your cooler is not properly seated on the CPU. Remove it.Clean the old TIM. Reinstall.See that the CPU and the pump is properly seated.

• Corsair Employees

It sounds like your pump is working. Go ahead and un mount the pump for your CPU. Check the thermal paste. Does it look like it was even on the CPU?

Also check the power molex connections. Make sure all the pins are connected correctly.

oops, forgot to post back! so what i did wrong was i installed those little rubber stopper things on the FRONT side where you mount the cooler by doing this the cooler and CPU weren't making contact at all. Once i switched it to the back i had no problems! Thanks for all the support guys

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15818108/Components.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived