Corsair Community

TX750 V2 loud fan

GrGrGr

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - power supply - 750 Watt CMPSU-750TXV2EU

Loud fan. Even when not running under any load (win7, no background processes, turned off monitor) it runs at 50 Db (closed case, 20 cm distance) as measured by a sound metering app from my Galaxy S2.

Should I request a RMA for this? It's really loud, feels like a permament vacuum cleaner in my room.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

This is rather appalling.

I've got myself a replacement and it seems to be running at the same noise level, which just happens to beat everything else in my system by raw decibel output: the cpu fan, ati HD 6950 fan and case fans too.

It's more noisy than my previous PC that had the same ######## Three Hundred case.

"An ultra-quiet double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by varying fan speed in response to temperature"

Come on...

I feel like I've been robbed. ;)

@GrGrGr

I feel the same with TX650M. To much noise and on shop they say is normal. I have others psu from antec, xfx from 50 euros and make 1/3 of noise.

Can't understand why they put on website An ultra-quiet, 140mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow with exceptionally low noise levels by varying fan speed in response to temperature because isn't true at all. And that's the things I most hate - lies.

I don't know what to do with my PSU. Waste of money.

Archived