Corsair Community

corsair sli-ready memory for nforce 790i ultra sli chipset - Memory Compatibility

redders-007

CMP4GX3M2A1600C8 is it SLI-READY Memory with epp 2.0?

I gotta know before I buy cause I've got Striker II Extreme with nforce 790i

ultra sli chipset and almost each and every other memory sticks failed with

this board due to its nvidia chipset so I hope that RAMGUY would know the

answer to that....

is that kit (CMP4GX3M2A1600C8) a certified sli-ready kit with epp 2.0?

can you please specify any other ddr-3 Memery kit which has been labed as

a certified sli-ready kit with epp 2.0 support?

ANY module listed in that link will meet or exceed the recommended specs of the MB.

From Nvidia

SLI certification ensures a quality user experience by putting each component through a rigorous series of tests including diagnostics, benchmarking, burn in, and card interoperability.

really no different than the screening process Corsair puts their modules through in the first place.

Okay RG, you kind of lost me. I understand that only the DDR2 modules carried that spec. There are no DDR2 modules listed for that MB,only DDR3 modules.

And in the product description for the modules listed state this...

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Asus Striker II Extreme (perform a new search)

Featured Memory

For a complete list of compatible modules for this motherboard, click here.

Information about the CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 Module for ex.

No Information Available

Information about the Nvidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI Chipset

NVIDIA® nForce® 790i Ultra SLI®-based motherboards are the foundation for the world’s fastest gaming PCs, delivering top performance for 1600 MHz FSB Intel CPUs with extreme CPU overclocking, and unmatched DirectX® 10 gaming for 2-way, 3-way and Quad SLI technology. The only platform to support DDR3-2GHz also provides world-record setting memory speeds and component control with ESA.

Could you clarify that please. Wouldn't the modules still be compatible with that MB even though they do not have the SLI cert branded on them. .

And also wouldn't that do away with the necessity to have to buy SLI certifed RAM. I know the Nvidia chipsets were a little funny sometimes....unless it's just for the OP's peace of mind. Which I completely understand. :)

• Corsair Employees

Yes of course and That part number was given as and example of what did support SLI ready memory, sorry reading back through the post it kind of does not make sense, sorry about that.

But indeed redders-007 what peanutz94 stated is correct.

However, the Nvidia Chipset for these CPU had the same limitations as the equivalent Intel chipsets which is 256M X 8 memory IC's and currently all of our modules in production will use 512M X 8 Memory IC's thus they would not be compatible with the MB you now have. I am sorry but I would contact the MB maker for a list of compatible memory.

just as I thought after reading about the current tech corsair uses these days for the newer product lines...Thank u Ram Guy for clarifing that...I knew about the ddr-2 kit which in fact did support sli-ready for the striker extreme with nforce 680i I had at the time... the model was cm2x1024-8500c5d it was wonderful one and I just hoped for a better news for the ddr-3 kit cause the dominator gt 2000mhz I bought three years ago just hasn't matched this board so far.....

Archived