Corsair Community

Will the Asus K8V Deluxe work with TwinX1024-3200C2 Pro memory?

Dis-Member

I've bought a pair of TwinX1024-3200C2 Pro modules and I intend to use them on an Athlon 64 system. I was thinking of an Athlon 64 3200+ "Newcastle" processor and an Asus K8V Deluxe mobo. But before I buy them, I'd like to know if the memory is definitely compatible with the mobo. If it is, can it be run at the default memory timings of CAS2-3-3-6, or will I have to increase the CAS latency to 2,5? What is the recommended vDIMM setting?

Does this mean it should work? There's no point in getting CH5-based Low Latency memory now, I've bought the C2 kit already. In terms of price, the LL modules were too expensive. But the pro series C2 modules are great value, for 257€ per GB :D: Can you assure me the mobo will be compatible with the memory I bought? Should I buy an MSI, Abit or Gigabyte mobo instead? I saw on another thread in this section that the Abit KV8-Max3 [I]is[/I] compatible w/ TwinX3200 C2 memory.

• Corsair Employee
They should run fine in this system, I have this same exact MB and have run everything from our VS512MB400 to our CMX512-3200LL with out problems, just install them in slots' 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-6 and you should have no problems! Just get the latest bios before you start!

Archived