Corsair Community

Question on cable management

Wingless

This might seem like a stupid question, but if you don't ask...

I've just bought a Carbide 500R and it's my first foray into "cable management". I've managed to make it look all neat. On one side, the backside is a mess obviously. I did manage to get the back closed without too much force, but it is pretty tight.

Does this have an impact on anything? Heat? Durability?

Do any of you have suggestions from experience on how to handle the cable excess.

I'm almost scared to remove the back now, fearing it will go flying through the window the moment I untighten the screws :p

You're probably okay unless something is pinched against a rough edge. But there's no need to be in that situation. It took me a while but I finally managed to get my right panel to close with no more effort than the left and I've got 4 PCI-E cables to deal with. I found it pays to route as many cables as possible using the channel at the permeter of the case. You will need an extension cable for the CPU power cable in order to get that to route around the perimeter. Again, I think you're probably okay as is but you'll sleep better if you clean it up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived