Corsair Community

Force 3 GT installing programs very slow?

I just recently purchased a 90GB Force 3 GT. I installed Windows 7 64 and some other programs and everything wqas running smoothly. Last night I decided to install Crysis 2 and when it started to install I noticed the progress bar moving very slowly so I waited and waited and waited. After about 2 and a half hours it was only about 60% done. So I stopped installing the game and triedd to install Deus Ex Human Revolution and it actually showed how many MB were installing and it was only about 1-10MB per sec so I stopped installing that as well. The firmware is up to date, AHCI mode is enabled, The SSD is still fast when doing other tasks like booting up and opening programs but it is just installing very slowly. Anybody have any ideas on what could be wrong?

I just thought of something. All of the programs I have installed were downloaded from the internet and they installed fast. The games were installed by using the dvd drive and when I switched to AHCI mode in bios there were 2 settings sata port 1-4 and 5-6. My ssd is on 1 and my dvd drive is on 5 or 6 so I only enabled AHCI mode for ports 1-4 and left ports 5-6 on IDE mode. I'm at work now so I wont be able to test this theory until later tonight. Would that explain the problem that i'm having?

Ok so I got home and swithced to AHCi mode. The install seemed to go faster until about 60% again and it just stopped. I think my DVD drive is bad because now when I put a disk in it doesn't recognize anything. The little light on the front keeps flashing. I have a spare drive that I am using to install again at this very moment so hopefully that will work. If not I really dont know what the problem could be.

Archived