Corsair Community

Disappointed

Tater72

So it's been 5 months since I got my M90 and I still cant use it! It still sits in the box under my desk after all this time. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting......

Seriously? With all the major manufacturers out there Corsair can't examine the competition's software? All of them have done it correctly! Why can't Corsair? I must say my opinion of Corsair has drastically changed. I still can't assign a keyboard key as a keypress and not a macro..... I am utterly disappointed.

I made a terrible decision by deciding to hold onto my M90 after the 60 day return window. I should have returned it and purchased from a veteran manufacturer. I took a chance and I am regretful.

So it's been 5 months since I got my M90 and I still cant use it! It still sits in the box under my desk after all this time. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting......

Well, take it out and plug it into your computer and use it? Mine's running fine on the Beta 2.12.

Since you forgot or haven't re-read my previous posts regarding my complaints with this product:

I can't use it because I need it to simulate a held keypress NOT a repeating macro... and I need that to happen for the 'alt' key. Do me a favor and open a notepad file and notice the difference when you hold down 'alt' on your keyboard vs. holding down a programmed "macro" on this thing using the latest "fix..."

I can't use this mouse...

Let me know when you get it straightened out.

Correct to set a key press please follow these instructions:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=104531

You will be able to the macro as a key press, it will simulate just like you pressed a keyboard key.

@ RAM GUY:

Agreed that this is the closest you can get to simulating a key press, however, it simply does not simulate it well enough and in some cases, might not produce the intended result. I made a video a while back highlighting the difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpWchNn8qo

What do you mean it does not do it well enough?

I just tested doing down arrow LSHIFT and down arrow F.

Set it to button 13. It does a upper case F key press macro.

@ RAM GUY: Refer to the video I made. You can clearly see the difference in how a normal held keypress is versus a Macro simuated one.

However, I was also referring to how assigning SHIFT / ALT / CTRL was buggy because they did not release properly. However, it seems that only happens with software playback. I just tested it myself with hardware playback and it releases fine. So my apologies on that!

@Tater72: There's your solution... Enable hardware playback. Sure it does not act the same way but it does seem to work fine now.

Archived