Corsair Community

New H70 Core - dreaded pump noise

alsummers

I have used an H50 for the last 18 months, and absolutely loved it. But thinking that the new H70 Core would be a nice little upgrade due to the slightly larger rad.

Received the H70 Core yesterday and installed. It was just fine all yesterday evening. But got home from work today, turned on my PC and a horrible noise was audible above all my fans. Guessed that I have the dreaded and infamous pump noise. Opened up my PC, turned it off, and as the pump keeps going for a while after shut down, it was obvious where the noise is coming from.

My H50 worked flawlessly. Stupidly I fleabayed it as soon as I ordered the H70, and it sold this evening at just about the time as the noise started to hum out of the H70 pump! Great timing!

I've emailed Corsair RMA about what my next steps should be.

I'm totally gutted as I love the H50, and the idea of the Hydro series.

:[pouts:

i don't think you should give up hope yet. i am having the same issue with the h70 core. from reading the forums there are some options to try. the one i will try as soon as i get home from work is disconnecting the fan power leads from the pump and run them directly off the psu. or possibly run the whole unit off the psu instead of the motherboard header.

maybe you can try this also and let us know the results.

Hi,

I just read your thread and see you are having the same problem as me. Unfortunately I am already running the pump directly from the PSU. Thats how I always ran my H50.

My fans are connected to the mobo CPU header via a splitter.

I'll see what Corsair have to say tomorrow.

OP: Go ahead and post your Case # and I will take a look at it.

Thanks RAM GUY - the case number is #3002922. Either you or one of your colleagues has replied suggesting that I need to lay my case flat and run the pump overnight. I'll give this ago tonight, and report my findings.

Thanks.

Well unfortunately I have run it for nearly 24 hours on its side, and no joy. I've replied in my RMA message string.

I don't want another H70 Core - a real shame. I'll have to try and source another H50 from somewhere, as I sold mine as soon as I ordered the H70. Should have held on!

Hopefully any future developments of the Hydro series will address this pump issue.

Archived