Corsair Community

corsair dominator ddr2 + amd 9950 no post

wang890

i just got 4x1gb dominator ddr2 1066mhz pc 8500. put in the amd computer with 9950BE and M3N72-D. which are all 3 years old. i originally have the xms2 800mhz 2gbx4 and never had any problems.

computer won't post at all. just boot up. then fan spinning. that's it. removed video card and use onboard and will only work when the 800mhz ram are used.

slot 1 and 2 are pair and slot 3 and 4 are pair.

i then tried different things. put 2gb 800 into slot 1, slot 2 empty. slot 3 and 4, 1gb dominator. boot ok and go in windows use cpu-z and shows some jedec something info at 5-5-5-15 and 2.2v, 533mhz. so i guess ram works fine. but then turn off and remove the 800mhz same thing won't post.

tried to change timing in bios to 5-5-5-15 and 2.15v even tried 2.25v (this mb has weird number options for voltage). nothing works. the 800mhz gets a lot hotter after i reboot with that setting. one time the bios is showing weird stuff when i select something then just freeze and black screen. but some pink colour showed up first. then i took battery out and same thing. only work with 800mhz one.

so any suggestions? need to replace cpu or motherboard?

• Corsair Employees
I would test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org at their tested settings but if they all pass it is likely just a loading issue on the memory controller and it is not uncommon to have to slow the memory down to DDR667 or DDR800 when all four slots are filled. But test them one at a time with legacy USB Disabled and the settings as listed on the modules to be sure one is not failing and if they all pass I would set the memory frequency at DDR800 and I would set the CPU/NB Voltage to +.2 Volts over default and then test with all four installed. And make sure Command Rate is set to 2T Manually.

Archived