Corsair Community

Months, after months and i still cant get it right

SCK_1

Dear RAM Guy ive had this system for months now and have not been able to get the correct timings on my corsair memory. AMD-Fx 53 Socket 940 Giga-byte k8nnxp-940 Bios F3 Twinx 1024 Mb Registered Ram (2xCMX512R-3200C2) 16mb Voodoo3 Graphics card (I know its poor,will upgrade soon) 120gb Segate Sata HardDrive Sound Blaster Audigy2 Zs Platinum Pro LG 16xDVD-ROM Levicom 500Watt PSU Chieftec Dragon Case Every time i try and change the timings in my bios to CL:2 it does not boot up, and restarts my Pc with the default timings that are set at the bios which are 3-3-3-8. I can change the settings to 2.5-3-3-7 but when running programs, such as Cpu-Z, and PcWizard,etc the actual memory clock that it runs at is 166mhz at these timings! The timings on the website, show 2-3-3-7 at 200mhz! What should i do? The version of the chips is v1.1 by the way :eek:

• Corsair Employee
First, please make sure that you have the latest bios, and load setup defaults and then set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-6 and set the Dim Voltage to +.2 Volts and set the memory Frequency so the memory is at DDR400 and then I would test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to make sure one is not failing! But what you have posted sounds more like a bios problem! However, I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that: Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thanks Ram GUy, Runs at 2.5-3-3-7 at 200mhz now, i think it is a motherboard error, as i had to take out 1 stick and set the settings to the ones above, and then put the other module in othewise it wouldnt have worked :D:

[quote name='RAM GUY']I missed this before, but this MB will not support registered memory! Please see if the reseller will let you exchange these for Twinx1024-3200LL instead![/QUOTE] ??? Mispost? [url]http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-K8NNXP-940.htm[/url] Type: Dual Channel DDR400/ 333/ 266- Registered Memory-184pin

Archived