Corsair Community

How to check FW version and how to update

donnyb

I have two Performance Pro 128GB SSD's that I just got and would like to check the Firmware version and update if needed. How do I check for it's version and how to update? Is there a sticky that describes these two procedures?

... As of now, there are no firmware updates for the Perf Pro SSDs.

Why not? The ******** m4 (which I also own) has gone through different firmware revisions addressing multiple serious bugs (the last firmware came out yesterday!). It is practically unheard of that a product, in this case the Corsair Performance Pro, was released without any imperfections in its firmware. I doubt that Corsair, with all due respect, put out a perfect firmware that never needs updating.

Perhaps it's time to straighten out your priorities over at HQ and give those who've paid top dollar for your highest-performing product, access to updated firmware for their SSD's. I'm a happy customer so far, but some have experienced issues with the Performance Pro, and for them, I feel their pain. :(:

Why not? The ******** m4 (which I also own) has gone through different firmware revisions addressing multiple serious bugs (the last firmware came out yesterday!). It is practically unheard of that a product, in this case the Corsair Performance Pro, was released without any imperfections in its firmware. I doubt that Corsair, with all due respect, put out a perfect firmware that never needs updating.

Perhaps it's time to straighten out your priorities over at HQ and give those who've paid top dollar for your highest-performing product, access to updated firmware for their SSD's. I'm a happy customer so far, but some have experienced issues with the Performance Pro, and for them, I feel their pain. :(:

We released our drives at a different time so comparing firmware release frequency is not applicable.

What problems are you having?

Like I said, I'm a very happy customer of the Performance Pro, but there are a few who are not. Besides, apart from bug fixing, there's always room for (even slight) performance tweaks. That is all.

You can close the thread if you want as it seems it has served its purpose. I have made it clear where I stand, and now I know your stance. :sigh!:

You can close the thread if you want as it seems it has served its purpose. I have made it clear where I stand, and now I know your stance. :sigh!:

No need to close the thread. As far as our stance, we do not discuss firmware updates before they are released per company policy. This certainly does not mean that we are not keeping up with what is needed and beneficial with our SSDs and their related firmwares.

One prime example here is the Power On Time bug that affected some Marvell based SSDs but not ours.

Our drives were not affected by this bug or several other smaller bugs that have come to light on the M4 based drives. So, we have not had coinciding firmware releases because they were not needed. However, you cannot conclude from this that we won't release updates in the future.

Archived