Corsair Community

Windows XP issues with Corsair XMS ram and Leadtek MOBO

djozzman

Hey there, I would first like to begin with giving my specifications, Leadtek K7NCR18G Motherboard AMD Athlon 2400+ Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Zs Platnum Corsair CMS512-3200C2 x2 ATI Radeon 9200 I do not overclock my computer in anyway as well The problems first began when i built my computer in march of 2003, when i only had one DIMM of ram, after time i guess windows adapted to the problems with the ram and no longer did i have any problems. Just recently i bought another dimm (same exact type) and again i ran at 1 gig of ram no problem, as soon as i installed my sound blaster card i started to recieve memory errors up the wazoo from all types of .sys and .dll files with tons of terminated applications with memory adresses (too many to list). Just last night i ran memtest86 on both pieces of ram together and individually from both slots 1 and 3, 2 and 3, and 1 and 2, all came out with 2 errors in the 6th test. is there a memory setting that i can use to perhaps fix my problem and further (do not mention the soundcard just yet as i am trying that now), and as ive seen there have been many problems with this series of motherboard... is it perhaps the compatibility issue

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup defaults and then set the following settings and test with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] CPU Freq: 166 Mhz Memory Frequency: 100% Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts Resulting Frequency: 166MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

bumping this, still need to know if the settings should be different if one ram is 1.1 and the other ram is 4.1 because although memtest came up with no options windows is still giving me stop errors on the ram...no driver comes up with it, just ram addresses, any help will be greatly appreciated

• Corsair Employee
Well with 2 modules in most systems they both should be matched, and one of the reasons we came out Twinx sets! I would just test the settings I gave you and see if the system is stable! If not, either try to find another use for the older module and just get another one to match what you have now or we can try and RMA both modules in hopes that you get 2 modules that are the same revision!

well memtest gave me no errors on both modules, the problem is windows is still giving me random STOP errors with no drivers within the error, my assumption is it might either be leadtek (thats my best guess) or the processor (which i got recently but i sincerely doubt) but as far as i know the memory isnt the problem because when i first plugged it in i recieved none, but thank you very much for your help i appreciate it, for all i know i could have some extremely well encrypted virus thats causing all this, if it does turn out in the end to be the ram (since i already placed a new order for an Epox board) then i will fill out an RMA, thank you for your support RAMguy.

Archived