Corsair Community

New system- Using H80 Hydro

opentoe

I just built a new system. Installed the H80 according the video that was on Corsair's main page. First question, they point the fans to blow INTO the case. Both of them. Is this bad, or does the radiator need that external cooler air to work properly? Is there software that Corsair has where I can what mode the H80 is in or the speeds of the fans? Right now I have the fan connector plugged into my CPU fan header on the mainboard. My Asus Suite does show a fan speed, but just one. Are the speeds combined or anything? I'm just wanting to make sure everything is working the way it should. I never had such a powerful machine before and right now it is all running stock speeds.

I also notice something making a different kind of fan/noise in the system. The only fans I have are the Corsair H80 and one chassis fan which is quiet. The sound is almost like a pump or something struggling. Does this water cooler unit actually have a pump on it that makes a little noise, different then a fan noise would make? It goes off/on, not really loud but my ears are sensitive to any kind of noise anyway.

More info: I changed the profile of the H80 by pressing the button. When I put it on the MAX setting I could def hear the fans increase in speed but my CPU FAN header didn't record ANY speed changes at all with fan speed. Then I pushed the profile button again and I could really hear the fans slow down, but my CPU FAN header didn't report ANY fan speed changes at all. Any tips on how to get a reliable read-out on these CPU fan speeds?

Mine's been installed for a couple of months. It's got the ol' fan controller issue; I'm running my fans through the MB controller right now. I've got an RMA in, but I've read a couple of posts from guys who've dealt with 3 bad units in a row... I figure there's no point in me wasting time pulling apart my system & dealing with shipping until there's actually a confirmed fix for the problems. It's crappy enough having to deal with a defective product; playing the "parts lottery" and hoping for a working replacement doesn't exactly help matters. :p:

Anyway, just thought I'd poke my head in & see if any progress has been made!

I just bought a new H80 and of course didn't know they had issues. How do you tell if you have a bad unit? Right now I have both fans plugged into the CPU cooler, as the directions said. Is that NOT what to do here?

Well I just got my 3rd H80 (2nd replacement) First replacement was the same 11399402. The 2nd replacement I got is 12019402. Hopefully this new batch solves this issue, otherwise I'm going to request for a refund and go with ######## 920...

HELP. After reading all these posts, I have a damn bad pump! My pump makes that screeching noise just like on that youtube video. I JUST bought this cooler from Newegg. Is it even worth to get another one of these things, I hear SO much about the issues. The cooler isn't even a week old, should I just return it and get another brand cooler that doesn't have pump problems? That screeching is starting to drive me nuts and it took me long enough to figure out what the heck it was. Please help Corsair.

I just got a brand new H80 12019402 and it is also BAD. I get that damn coffee grinding noise that drives me nuts. I never heard such a noise. Do I have to keep buying / returning these things 100 times to get a new one or just give up cause there really isn't a fix or a revised cooler that works?? When that noise stops (only for a few seconds) it is like heaven. But then back to the coffee grinding noise.

HELP. After reading all these posts, I have a damn bad pump! My pump makes that screeching noise just like on that youtube video. I JUST bought this cooler from Newegg. Is it even worth to get another one of these things, I hear SO much about the issues. The cooler isn't even a week old, should I just return it and get another brand cooler that doesn't have pump problems? That screeching is starting to drive me nuts and it took me long enough to figure out what the heck it was. Please help Corsair.

What is your batch #? You may have gotten old stock from Newegg... Also the CPU FAN header reports the pump speed not the fan speed.

Well I will be installing the 3rd H80 that I got from Corsair... I'll let you know if I encounter the issue again but the batch number is different so hopefully they fixed the issue. If I still have the issue again, then I'm going to request for a refund and go with ********

I've seen so many posts about these making noise and unfortunately I got one and yep, it's making a horrible headache making noise. Should I just return this thing to where i bought (if I can) or RMA it? I really don't want to play the RMA game where I have to have like 5 coolers sent to me over a period of 6 months to find a working one. If these coolers have a design flaw they should be pulled off the market. I have to keep my office door closed at night because the grinding noise is so bad. Maybe I should have went with old school air cooling. Needless to say I won't be using Corsair for that.

Just read my post above, I wrote the serial number down already. It looks like a new serial number which means even the new batches are defective.

Back to Newegg it goes I guess. I don't want to deal with inferior products on a $600 processor.

Archived