Corsair Community

hx1000 dead?

mokelki32

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my hx1000 psu unit that I've had for close to a year. Yesterday my computer rebooted itself without any warning while under minimal load. I thought it may have been a heat issue but all my temps looked fine. cpu 40c, mb 50c and vc's were at 48c. All temps fine. About 2 hours later the system just shutdown completely and would not reboot. I'm getting no signs of life at all other than the light on the mb. No fans spin, including the ps fan when i hit the start button on my case. After doing some reading on the forums here I came across the psu test involving the paper clip and casefan test. I tried that and the psu did nothing. Which leads me to the conclusion the psu is toast. Hopefully that's the only toasted piece of hardware. Anyway, what are my options here? Do i need to shell out another couple hundred bucks or is this psu under warranty?

• Corsair Employees
If you can I would test the system with another PSU as it could be the MB but we can try and replace the PSU under warranty, please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can try and replace it.

Archived