Corsair Community

GPU and Chipset

Zorblack

I know this is one of many so I'm sorry. I'm not going to rant. Does anybody know where I can buy the offical [with micro channels =)] blocks for the motherboard chipset and nvida FX [nvidia 6800 if available too]. Or is there anybody willing to buy it for me and ship it to me. I know they are expensive but I am not one to mix products. Thanks guys.

I can get them (just have to check on availability with my supplier), but they are very expensive. AU$170.00 for both the NB & GPU blocks (that's about US$120.00). That doesn't include shipping though. Let me know if you're interested and I'll check on availability.

Zorblack- The current Corsair blocks will not work with the 6800 Ultra. They will work with the X800 line though. The 6800 series does not have the two holes that other Nvidia based cards have. It uses four smaller holes for GPU heat sink retention.

[quote name='SpDFre@k']Zorblack- The current Corsair blocks will not work with the 6800 Ultra. They will work with the X800 line though. The 6800 series does not have the two holes that other Nvidia based cards have. It uses four smaller holes for GPU heat sink retention.[/QUOTE] Zorblack the nivdia fx5900u series got both 4 holes and 2 wider sets

SpDFre@k & KaptCrunch, Have you tried using the NB/PCI-E bracket to hold down the GPU cold-block? It should work since the length of the bracket is rather long. If neither bracket works, I could post a 2D drawing to fabricate the flat bracket with the steel strength required. This is a simple part to punch or cut-out of steel. There is a center hole that uses a little pin for alignment too. That pin can be found at most hardware stores or via McMaster-Carr. The pin gets tapped in with a hammer. Do you know the hole-to-hole centerlines for the board? We have an earlier development board that is too old to go by. Stev

[quote name='stev']SpDFre@k & KaptCrunch, Do you know the hole-to-hole centerlines for the board? We have an earlier development board that is too old to go by. Stev[/QUOTE] ok on the nvidia FX5900u red circuit board made by msi-8929 silk screened N1996 the 4 holes small center line is corner to corner true across die hole is 168mm 6" 39/64 ctc the 2 larger holes is not true corner to corner is about 3/16 from corner edges my guess is 5-10 degees twist from true corner to corner center line hole is 180mm 7" 5/64 ctc based on 40mm square die looking top side of the die with a counter clock offset +/- .5 mm 1/64" all measured with a measure tape not with a caliper

Archived