Corsair Community

Asus P4PE and Corsair XMS PC3200 512Mb

Emerson

I have a PC with MB Asus P4PE and two Corsair XMS PC3200 256 Mb modules ram. As I want increase the ram from 512 Mb to 1 Gb, I have replaced then with new two 512 Mb Corsair XMS PC3200 (CMX512-3200), the system has grown unstable. I have controled with memtest and it is result that there are many errors r/w. I made many try with BIOS parameters (cas 2-3-3-6, by spd...) but nothing doing. Now I have given back the 512 Mb modules and I ave replaced my modules (256 Mb x 2). What shall I do to ave 1 Gb ram with Corsair modules? There is a difference between rev. 1.1 modules and rev. 1.2 modules that I have tried? Excuse me for my english. Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the speed of the CPU you have? If you are over clocking you will not be able to run at DDR400 or if you have an 800 FSB CPU you would only be able to run with 2 banks or 2 single sided modules or one 512 Module! 256 Meg modules use 1 bank and 512 Meg modules use 2 banks per stick!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='RAM GUY']Can you tell me the speed of the CPU you have? If you are over clocking you will not be able to run at DDR400 or if you have an 800 FSB CPU you would only be able to run with 2 banks or 2 single sided modules or one 512 Module! 256 Meg modules use 1 bank and 512 Meg modules use 2 banks per stick![/QUOTE] Pentium 4 2,4 Ghz FSB 533. I have not overclocked when I have tried the two modules 512 Mb Corsair. I'm overclocking 2,6 Ghz with two 256 mb Corsair XMS modules. FSB CPU is 533 Mhz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
That might suggest some other problem, as it would be really hard to get 2 failing modules from us! Can you test them on another MB? If you just want to try and get them replaced, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Now I have given back those modules to seller. I have asked these questions because I would like to understand what Corsair modules I must buy to have 1 Gb of ram with my P4PE Asus. There are (exist?) Corsair XMS 512 Mb modules tested with P4PE? Thanks

Archived