Corsair Community

What memory work best with ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe

SysOp

Hi everyone, Some month ago i bought some memory to my computer (2x Corsair Value S PC3200 512MB 400MHz) my motherboard is ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Problem i have: If i run my CPU without overclock everything works fine, IF i overclock my CPU with 10% (from 2.8 to 3.0GHz) my system is very unstable, if i run my memory at 266MHz and 10% overclock it works fine. I tried all kinds of settings and also memtest, memtest show errors if 10% overclock + 400MHz settings, without overclock + 400MHz settings = OK So my conclusion is then that i should buy better memory modules which can handle overclock good. Can someone recommend some good memory modules to use with my motherboard + overclock? I would be very thankful for the help! Thank you! Brgds Peter Edit: I just read some interesting things: I have a 350W PSU, i have 4 drives, ATi 9700 Pro card etc... should i aim for a better PSU? could that be my problem?

The PSU might be an issue, but I'd lean on the memory. Value Select modules are [b]not[/b] meant for overclocking. They're meant for stability at stock speeds. The best two options I can give you are: TwinX1024-3200[b]X[/b]L (run with relaxed timings of 2.5-3-3-7 or so when OC'd) or TwinX1024-4000 (which has even slower timings, but is gauranteed to be able to handle a 250MHz clock) PLUR CK

Ouch these are a bit expensive hehe: Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL DDR-DIMM 1024MB Kit w/two matched CMX512-3200XL DIMMs must i have these to be 100% sure that i can OC my mobo? or are there any others a little less expensive that i can use with my mobo with a good result? Thanx!

Archived