Corsair Community

H100 vs Zalman 9500

RunsWithSporks

Hi, I just received and installed my H100. I replaced the cooling on my stock i7-2600k from a Zalman cnps9500 to the H100. I was really disappointed to be honest, I was hoping for a bigger decrease in temperatures. The Zalman kept my CPU at 29-33C idle and never went over 60C at load. The H100 is holding the temps maybe 2-3C cooler but its so much louder (and was more expensive).

First a couple of questions, I am not using the push pull config, just the 2 stock fans. My case is a 600T, the fans are mounted on top outside of the case and radiator is inside. I tried pushing and pulling with the fans, currently I have it pulling air in. Neither solution seemed to make much difference. I have also re-seated the block on my CPU reapplying Arctic Silver each time I did. None of this has made a difference.

My question is this, should I return the H100 and stick with what worked and save some money, or is there something else I should try. I cannot run the push pull in my case, an extra set of fans will not fit because of my memory sticks.

Thank you!

Wait for the artic silver to "break in",say a week or so. Monitor the tempratures with profile set to either quiet or balanced. After a week if the temps dont drop by 2 to 3 deg,try the performance option ( 3 lights on ). If that too fails then take a call if you have to do a RMA

Archived