Corsair Community

Corsair Accelerator D drive?

So, I have a Corsair Force GT 120GB as my 'C' drive. I have two 1TB drives striped together as a 2TB 'D' drive. I picked up a Corsair Accelerator 60GB that I want to use to accelerate my 'D' drive. Although the NLEVO software has a drop-down to select target drives, it only lists my boot © drive as selectable.

Now, before I purchased this I read the NLEVO instructions and it seemed to indicate that any drive was acceleratable; and it definately didn't say the boot drive was the only drive that you could use this software with.

So, my question is, how do I hook this up with my D drive? If it's not possible, how do I get it returned?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Yes you should be able to cache a raid drive and another drive other than C.

I will check on this and contact you as soon as I can confirm this with Nlevo.

If you just want to return he drive then please contact your reseller.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes you should be able to cache a raid drive and another drive other than C.

I will check on this and contact you as soon as I can confirm this with Nlevo.

If you just want to return he drive then please contact your reseller.

Any news about that, RAM GUY? I am considering buying an Accelerator for a similar setup (except that I won't have any RAID). My soon-to-be-performed upgrade will have a regular 120-GB SSD as the C: drive for Windows and programs, and a 1-TB HDD for my data files. Of course, the latter is the drive I'd be interested in caching - it would be meaningless to cache an already very fast SATA 6 GB/s SSD with another, slower (SATA 3 GB/s) SSD.

A competitor's FAQ for its caching SSD, which also uses Nlevo software, states that its product can only be used to cache a drive containing both the OS boot and the data to be cached. If Accelerator is the same, it would be useless for me.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, thanks for looking into that. I think the marketing on the product needs to be much more clear on that fact. Being a PC enthusiast I've come to rely on Corsair products. However, with this limitation on the Accelerator product, it's definately a different target market. It's a good product, but not for those of us who already have an SSD boot drive.

Archived