Corsair Community

h60

jimmymac

hi all iam new to the cpu liquid cooling and i have a i7 2700 k and a h60 cooler with 2 fans and the radiator in the center of the fans blowing out of the case.

what is the normal temp of the cpu at idle ? is +47c good ?

thanks jimmymac

• Corsair Employees
A bit high, First thing I would check is if you have complete contact between the coldplate of the pump and the CPU - make sure that there are no capacitors that could be preventing the coldplate to make a full contact on to the CPU. Maybe reseating the pump and reapplying a thermal paste might help. Another thing to check is the pump's rpm in BIOS, see if it's running around ~4000rpm.

hi there well where in the bios is the rpm does it read fan speed?

The BIOS will not read fan speeds, just the pump RPMS. So it's running at around 45oorpm which is a bit high, but could be misread by the BIOS

The single wire lead gets plugged into the CPU fan header. Otherwise you would receive an CPU FAN error when booting the machine.

The BIOS will not read fan speeds, just the pump RPMS. So it's running at around 45oorpm which is a bit high, but could be misread by the BIOS

The single wire lead gets plugged into the CPU fan header. Otherwise you would receive an CPU FAN error when booting the machine.

Actually, that's true for the H80/H100, but the H60 does not have a fan controller. The H60's fan(s) plug directly into the MB (or fan controller, if one prefers.) If there is BIOS software to detect fan speed, it should read any H60 fan that is plugged into the MB.

Archived