Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 4gb DDR3 part numbers

ChrisB1481

I purchased two sticks of Corsair Vengeance memory. I purchased them separately, but made sure I bought the exact same part number (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B). Both boxes show this as the part number, but in Asus AI suite its showing me two different part numbers as well as different settings under the XMP profile. When I enable XMP, sometimes when my PC boots it will tell me "Overclock Failed". The memory is the only "overclock" I have set right now, so it must be being caused by the memory. Did I get some strange stick, or can I change the setting of the one stick?

I just read on the forums that buying sticks separately isn't ideal, but regardless the one stick is still showing a completely different part number from what is on the box.

PC Specs:

Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Intel I5 2550k

2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb

Evga GTX 480

Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850w

slot1.jpg.36ae9c6ebf0d21cecea6f6b30d9eb884.jpg

slot3.jpg.cfb642d7811e056b2854513d53480066.jpg

That label won't mean anything to the BIOS in terms of stability or overclocking. However, mixing memory is more than likely your issue. Test one stick at a time in the same slot using Memtest86+ to be safe, but I'd advise returning them and buying one kit with 2 sticks so you know they'll work together.

Archived