Corsair Community

PCChips M811LU kept rebooting

BrightBlades

I've fixed this problem, but I don't understand how. ;) Maybe this is a bit off topic, but it seems like the best place to ask. My PCChips M811LU used to get spontaneous reboots and stop errors at random times, ever since I installed it. (I thought it was due to bad memory until I upgraded to a Corsair 256M 2700.) This annoying problem kept on for three weeks until I finally found a bios setting that made it happy. By disabling "CPU External Cache", the system suddenly became very stable. Can anyone explain how disabling CPU External Cache would stabilize my system?

• Corsair Employee
That would suggest that your CPU maybe failing! I would test the memory in another system to be sure! But some of the cache in the CPU maybe seen as external cache because its still in the CPU but external form the core!

Thanks! I'll check for that. My new XPC barebone system should be arriving soon, so I'll put the processor in there to see if it happens again. I'm 99% sure the memory is ok, because the rebooting problem also happened with other memory modules. So, do I understand correctly that external cache is actually on the CPU module, but not in the core?

Archived